Senior Audit Manager - Global Markets
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you have specific experience auditing investment bank trading businesses? We're looking for a Global Markets Investment Bank Senior Audit Manager who can:
• lead and drive, or work as a team member on investment banking (IB) audits with a focus on global markets and electronic trading businesses such as equities, exchange-traded derivatives and associated support functions
• analyze and assess risks arising from both the IB principal and electronic trading businesses, and IB support functions (including technology aligned risks)
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
• develop test scenarios for assessing operating effectiveness of IB principal and electronic trading controls
• document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS management
• review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the original risks
• contribute to the quarterly continuous risk assessment and monitor the risk profile and developments within Global Markets and provide ongoing input for business risk assessments
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in New York, Stamford, CT or London focused on auditing investment banking trading businesses. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Group Functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a university degree. ideally with a professional audit designation such as CIA, CPA
• ideally 6+ years of experience with sound knowledge of global markets trading businesses and / or banking operations in the financial industry. This experience could have been gained in an internal/external audit or a risk role within a bank
• strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving
• willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
• able to quickly understand complex processes, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
• risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into business and control issues
• ability to build relationships with all levels and ranks of the UBS organization
• reliable when working independently, able to time manage and prioritize workload, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
• successfully collaborate in a team environment with peers and across audit teams
• fluent in English with excellent verbal and written skills
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.