Senior Business Analyst - Assistant Manager
Who we are looking for
State Street Alpha for Private Markets is looking for a suitably experienced candidate to lead Business Analysis efforts, who can collaborate across Alternative’s products and services and who represents the State Street enterprise culture traits and behaviors to deliver the Alpha solution to our clients. The candidate will work closely with business, product and IT staff across Business Units and geographies.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha for Private Markets - Senior Business Analyst you will
- Own, manage and be responsible for full spectrum of Business requirements from inception to transforming to technical requirements for global application development teams, and formulating system and user acceptance test plans.
- Work with IT Program/Project Manager to define and coordinate communication with sponsors and management concerning project strategy, status and issues.
- Maintain the relationship between Fund Management, Product, and IT to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget while maintaining the critical business systems that drive global Private Markets operations.
- Function as a Scrum Master and partner to model, design, and build business solutions that improve State Street's Private Markets processes.
- Collaborate with Fund Controllers & Product to define requirements and lead projects from inception through delivery, including status updates, scope changes, etc.
- Respond to issues and incidents and provide day-today administration and support of Fund Accounting System, Investor Correspondence, Private Markets Ledger and Sub-Ledgers in FIS® Private Capital Suite (formerly Investran), Oracle E-Business Suite & Advent Geneva.
- Actively identify issues or opportunities and propose process, data, or systematic solutions.
- Anticipate client needs, investigate underlying cause, identify short- and long-term solutions.
- Partner with business leadership, and internal/external development resources to ensure timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Collaborate with global application development teams to validate test results for solutions.
- Develop, maintain and document current and new system process flows.
- Provide Level-3 Support in terms of analyzing Production issues and providing oversight on any remediation's necessary without impacting Business Service Level Agreements with our clients.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience working with the Agile Software Development Methodology is a must including the ability to perform duties as a Scrum Master.
- The ability to roll-up technical updates to senior and executive business & IT management is critical.
- Experience and desire to interface with external clients is also important for the person assuming this role.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Experience leading, motivating, coaching, and developing people and teams.
- Great interpersonal skills, team-work attitude and drive collaborative initiatives.
Education & preferred qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Private Markets (across one or more of Private Equity, Private Credit, Infrastructure & Real Estate) IT analysis, design and implementation of complex Fund Accounting Systems, ERP solutions, with hands-on experience on one or more of FIS® Private Capital Suite (formerly Investran), Oracle E-Business Suite & Advent Geneva.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio, Access, SharePoint and relevant project/team management tools including Clarity, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Confluence.
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL development experience (Oracle and/or SQL Server).
- Have deep understanding of core Private Markets principles and business processes like Drawdown/Capital Call, Distribution, Preferred Return, Carried Interest, Residual Value, Net Income Analyses, Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), Investment/Realization/RVPI/PIC Multiples, Internal Rate of Return, Collateralized Loan Obligation, Business Development Company, Fund of Funds etc.
- Experience as business analyst for large scale, multi-year initiatives is a strong plus.
- Agile / Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Experience with BI/Dashboarding tools like Tableau, Power BI etc is a strong plus.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.