Senior Manager- Product Development- MAC
Job Title: Product Development and Operational Support
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Designation: Senior Manager
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has around 1300+ professional globally and of which, 700+ employees work out of India. Our offices are spread in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Hong Kong.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in theUnited States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The Product Development team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) works with the business to establish the overall strategy and priorities for the technology products and platforms. Based on the business strategy and overall priorities, the Product Development team creates product plans including high level business requirements, cost analysis, benefits definition and an overall go to market rollout plan. The Product Development team is looking for a Senior Manager.
The candidate will work closely with the business unit to enhance, manage and implement middle office platforms including trade affirmations, cash and collateral reporting and wire services. This candidate will be responsible for facilitating and gathering detailed user requirements for the development teams, facilitating design reviews with the business and manage the overall rollout plans including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. This role requires detailed knowledge of OTC product processing including trade capture, capture of trade terms and conditions, accounting, valuation and reconciliations. This candidate will have to coordinate between the business, development teams across multiple global locations.
- In depth understanding of Accounting (NAV, PNL, valuations, reconciliation etc.) & Middle Office functions (e.g. Trade confirms, cash management, settlements process, financing etc.)
- Sound understanding of trade life cycles of OTC products (Equity Swaps, IRS, CDS, OTC Options etc.)
- Work with Fund Accounting, Middle office & Valuations team to ensure full support for OTC product automation
- Detailed knowledge of trade affirmation and treasury management platforms such as Omgeo products such as ENSO PIVOT, Hazeltree
- Liaising with broker dealers and vendors (Markit) to ensure data driven development
- Leverage relationships with various parts of the firm who deal in complex products to come up with best in class model of development for these products
- Work with technology to improve trade capture through STP initiatives
- Develop and implement resilient processes to support new/changes in the business products (MAC, Quants etc.)
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Comfortable interfacing with executive management, business users and development teams in multiple locations
- Experience in managing system roll outs, data conversion and integration projects
- Should be detailed oriented and must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and lead as part of a focused globally distributed team
- Ability to challenge existing processes and identify opportunities for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with an in-depth technical knowledge of trade and cash processing
- 7-8+ years of experience working for hedge funds, hedge fund technology vendors, hedge fund administrators and/or prime brokers
- Needs to be comfortable with Microsoft office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share point, Access
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong dedication to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.