Middle Office Operations, AVP
Who we are looking for:
The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, work independently and as part of a team, be able to perform well within tight timelines and be capable of handling multiple and diverse assignments. This position is responsible for leading a team in a fast growing segment within the alternatives industry.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a Hong Kong based Global Custodian of Alternative Investment Solution, and known as a recognized industry-leading provider of custody service to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the custody requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office Operations, AVP, you will:
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans, both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Be a phenomenal partner with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client happiness with the level of service is received.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
- Provide overall direction to teams of operational staff across multiple services and locations to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Assess operational effectiveness to ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards, make suggestions to improve any deficiencies; and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees across multiple time zones.
- Oversight of client on boarding and fund set up.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Work/review on pricing/trade related tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for designated clients in the team.
- Assign work and supervise the flow of daily operations and be the subject matter expert for process. Be able to professionally resolve issues and provide help to colleagues, maintain the healthy relationship within the team. Monitor the deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables; be able to flexibly arrange work among the team.
- Monitor team daily operations, be able to stay aware of potential risks and make improvement of the process; professionally organize 1:1 meeting with team members; work closely with manager and timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions; confidently and efficiently communicate.
- Be accountable for all the assigned tasks, resolve complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables.
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals.
What we value:
- This role requires strong communication, multi-tasking, and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- 8 or more years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Proven business unit management specifically in the hedge fund industry is required. MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.