Accounts & Bookkeeping Assistant
We are looking for a passionate and highly enthusiastic Bookkeeping Assistant to join our team in Diss.
As part of the Haines Watts Diss team, you will be assisting the team by preparing bookkeeping records and VAT returns.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training where appropriate, offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor/ buddy who will support you throughout to successfully complete your professional qualification.
Full training will be given and for the right candidate it is an opportunity to begin a prosperous career with excellent training and progression working for an award winning firm.
Ideally AAT Level 2 or equivalent (if non qualified then candidates will need at least 1-2 years experience within a similar role)
With Haines Watts you will:
- Preparing bookkeeping records and VAT returns;
- Admin duties such as, preparing VAT registration forms & scanning client records;
- To plan and control your professional work for the firm's clients within the firm's standard procedures. You will be able to identify basic planning opportunities;
- You will keep up to date with internal policies, procedures and announcements;
- To attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills;
- Other ad hoc duties
- Have an opportunity to progress!
Your experience ideally will include:
- Experience with using Iris, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks is preferred but not essential.
What you will need to be:
- Punctual, presentable and with the ability communicate.
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good IT skills including use of Excel
- Good time management skills with the ability to work towards tight deadlines.
What you get back from us;
- Training for a lifelong career with great prospects for you
- Excellent personal development programme and career growth opportunities
- Supported on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package - gym, discounts etc
- Working and learning directly from a qualified and knowledgeable mentors
- Opportunity to progress all the way to the top!
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.