Analyst, Financial Analysis (Costing & Profitability)
The Financial Analyst for Costing team will engage in the monthly closing activities, complex financial reporting and variance analysis (focusing on revenues and expense allocations) and other ad hoc tasks including but not limited to allocation configuration set-up, product and client profitability concerns. The financial analyst will work closely and frequently with partners based both in Manila and Chicago to ensure the financial goals of the business unit and of Northern Trust are met.
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for indirect expense and revenue allocations. The analyst will handle monthly and quarterly allocation configurations updates from different Business units.
- Perform monthly/quarterly reporting processes which involve, but not limited to, forecasting, Indirect Expense/Allocated Costs variance analysis and preparation of various reports
- Engage in annual planning which includes, but not limited to, supporting the business unit for the preparation, timeliness and integrity of the annual indirect expenses budget (from plan cost allocation set-up to periodic cost allocation runs and reporting) and proactively providing sound and valuable recommendations to stakeholders that would impact key business decisions
- Work closely with the Team Leader and the Manager in identifying process improvements to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the team
- Participate in other special projects and ad hoc requirements
- Preferably with background in Costing especially Cost Allocations/Central Functions Assessment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present relevant information to the Senior Management group and to various stakeholders
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneDrive, and Teams, to efficiently perform analyses and communicate financial information to various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in PeopleSoft, HFM, TM1/Cognos and other similar systems used in financial reporting, planning and analysis. Knowledge and experience in SAP is a plus
- Experience with business intelligence analytical tools required to interpret data, perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents. Flexible and a team player
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a geographically-blended environment (North America and Manila, primarily)
- CPA a plus but not required.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, Costing, and other relevant functional areas which may cover Accounting, Financial Management & Statutory Reporting and other Accounting and Finance-related areas.
- Industry knowledge is beneficial
- 5AM - 2PM, Mondays - Fridays
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.