Small Deals Sourcing (SDS) Lead - Professional Services
Morgan Stanley Firmwide Sourcing (FWS) is looking for a sourcing professional to join its global small deals sourcing team in Mumbai, with a primary focus within the Professional Services category. The role will be based in Mumbai and report to the India Sourcing Manager.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate highly effective oral and written communication skills, an ability to work independently multiple, simultaneous projects, and collaborate with other sourcing managers and business stakeholders across multiple regions on various deals. The role shall foster regional/global consistency where possible, by executing the following key responsibilities.
- Day-to-day involvement in contractual and commercial matters and issues arising within the areas of responsibility. This will include, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, vendor management and external representation of the sourcing function.
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the all assigned categories and identify operational and cost savings to benefit the Firm.
- Working either autonomously or closely with business partners to develop sourcing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors on a local or regional basis.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal business partners whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Depending on the project or contract, this the Sourcing Manager will interface with various internal business partners and vendors. The individual must be adept and comfortable to liaise with, Senor Stakeholders, Legal and Compliance, Finance and Tax, Vendor etc.
- Professional Services Small Deal Sourcing across Categories to be managed independently as per Sourcing process defined.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams locally and globally to ensure budgetary approval
- Negotiating with vendors to ensure best-in-class pricing
- Authoring commercial contracts and follow through on deals through contract signature
- Work closely with the business partners in understanding their requirements, identifying alternatives, and supporting tactical buying requests and determine deal outcome
- Manage supplier relationships and lead communications when required
- Prepare supporting documentation for deals and contracts
- Work with Procurement Operations as needed and/or enable vendors in Ariba
- Support project task tracking and reporting
- Provide analytics and performance metrics
- Prepare presentations for management, to detail team progress, risks and opportunities for efficiency gains
- Negotiate NDAs, Professional services contract Task Orders/SOW/Schedule with vendors and Master Agreement as required
- Monitor vendor performance and manage ongoing vendor relationships, including conformity to contract performance, resolution of payment disputes, activity on critical dates (extensions, renewals, price adjustments, etc.)
- As required, develop RFP's and evaluate responses, producing RFx materials via Ariba tool.
- Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree Area of Concentration/ Business (or other related Major Course of Study degree programs)
- Experience (Type and # of Years)
- Experience 7 to 10 years experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation
- Proven success for sourcing in Asia
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills in English
- Strong analytical, writing and critical thinking skills successful candidate must be able to analyze offers, business cases (including financial reports), processes and present a summary quantifying differences in a clear concise manner
- Strong technology skills, including high level excel (V-lookup, macros) and PowerPoint
- Effective communication to lead/influence a diverse group of people in Morgan Stanley
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle pressure and multi-tasking, proactive with strong negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Must have strong work ethic, be a team player
- Able to work independently and resolve database integrity/reporting issues
- Strong problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of Professional Services on both Consulting, Technology and Non-IT (Big 4) category
- Experience7 5-10 years? experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation
- Proven success in sourcing across various regions, particularly the US market.
- Familiar with RFx process
- Relationship Management Skills
- Knowledge in Ariba and e-sourcing
- Computer Literacy
- PC Proficiency: Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of Ariba (Procurement and Sourcing)