Assoc FA - Associate Fund Accountant
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity team at our Carmel, IN, Darien, CT or Boston, MAoffice.
- Prepare client deliverables in a timely and accurate manner; such as financial statements, investor statements, distribution notices, supporting schedules, related footnotes and other ad-hoc reporting as needed;
- Handle daily case activities (e.g. notices on assigned funds, obtaining approval on correcting discrepancies and missing information);
- Process and track daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund clients;
- Prepare cash and journal entries;
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual client and industry standard reports;
- Exhibit knowledge of client specific reporting templates;
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions;
- Respond to basic auditor queries;
- Help prepare schedule in compliance with client agreement(s);
- Exhibit time management skills by developing and executing specific goals in an agreed-upon timeframe; and
- Exhibit communication skills to ensure expectations are met at the client level and for our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, completed with high-quality grades;
- 0-3 years of professional experience;
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred;
- Experience in private equity or public financial services a plus;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity (i.e. completing work with little direction); and
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with professionals from all levels.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com. Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.