Senior Technical Accountant
Are you a qualified accountant with an eye for detail?
We are hiring a Senior Technical Accountant to join our Technical Team! Made up of an independent team of experts within IQ-EQ, they provide technical and regulatory assistance, and advice to global client services (CS) teams, sales and implementation teams, and global clients.
The core part of Technical Team work is focused on 3 key areas:
- Technical Advisory
- Technical Reviews,
- Technical Updates.
To facilitate the delivery of the 3 key areas effectively to the stakeholders, a Technical Team member will be at the forefront of the private equity and real estate fund industry developments, including but not limited to financial reporting.
Day to day:
- Resolve and assist with technical accounting queries raised by CS teams and clients in a timely manner, and support sales and implementation teams on queries for prospective clients
- Effectively communicate and present technical accounting information to CS teams and provide the company’s view on technical accounting issues to senior client staff and auditors
- Provide quality reviews for CS teams to assure quality of deliverables across the clients, including working papers, financial statements and other complex deliverables
- Research and interpret complex structures and related accounting literature including the use of internal and external resources
- Support development of new services and new business proposals through expert knowledge of internal procedures and industry practice
- Opportunities to work with senior management and external clients on operational and strategic projects
- Maintain in-house library of technical journals, articles and documentation relating to accounting issues
- Assist in the development and delivery of technical training presentations and other workshops or learning sessions.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Previous experience working directly with different accounting standards e.g. IFRS/UK GAAP
- Experience in preparation and review of financial reporting Audit and/or finance industry exposure (preferable)
- Closed ended funds / open ended funds / hedge funds knowledge (preferable)
- Experience working on financial modelling (e.g. carried interest models, forecasting models) (desirable)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with financial computations
- Comfortable communicating with senior management.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.