Senior Consultant, Business Risk Services
The Grant Thornton Business Risk Services (BRS) Corporate team is currently seeking a driven and self-motivated Senior Consultant, ideally with a professional services background. This candidate should be comfortable in delivering across product lines and client sectors.
The BRS Corporate team delivers a variety of services to our clients’ who are based in the life sciences, food/ agriculture, construction, industrial, technology, multi-national and public sectors.
Our risk advisory and assurance services include:
- Risk Consulting
- Internal Audit
- IT Risk Advisory & Assurance
- Internal Control Advisory
- Contract Risk & Assurance
- Third Party Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management
- SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3
- Corporate Governance
- Compliance Assurance & Advisory
Candidates for this Senior Consultant role should be fully qualified or part qualified with distinct and relevant experience.
The successful candidate should have experience or exposure in delivering ERM and/ or internal audit, contract assurance, SOC assurance, governance and compliance projects.
This role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key member of the team and play a part in the continued and successful growth of the business unit whilst working closely with colleagues throughout the firm in a rapidly growing area of the business.
This role will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. It offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working primarily on client site and/ or remotely as part of client project teams
- Reporting to on-site and off-site Grant Thornton management
- Providing risk advisory, internal audit, SOC and Sarbanes-Oxley services and advice to clients
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated with good initiative
- A good level of IT literacy with a track record of using the full MS Office suite.
Requirements/ essential skills / attributes
- Qualified accountant or part-qualified with significant relevant experience
- Relevant qualifications ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CISP, CISA
- 3+ years’ experience in risk, internal audit, in practice or industry
- Experience in relevant client sectors – life science, food/ agri, technology etc.
- Strong client focus and an interest in providing professional assurance and advisory services to clients
- Good project management and team leadership skills, and the ability to deliver projects as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.