Director - Financial Services, Transaction Diligence- London
Director – Strategy and Transactions - Transaction Diligence (EMEIA FSO)
The integration of our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) practices means that the FSO Strategy and Transactions team now comprises over 600 people across the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland. Our UK FSO SaT practice currently comprises over 200 people. With continued significant market activity in the Financial Services sector the team is looking to bolster its senior team members to work on a range of exciting opportunities and help with the continued growth of the business across all our services.
As part of this wider team, the Financial Services Transaction Diligence (FSO TD) team currently comprises around 55 people based in the UK. We offer stretching experiences with opportunities to work on global and high-profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to contribute to the continued development and growth of the business. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers. Our clients include leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Government treasury departments.
You will be managing a diverse and experienced group of due diligence professionals on a range of transactions whilst building on your commercial experience to grow key client relationships and broaden our sector coverage. There is the opportunity for travel, both within Europe and internationally.
- Develop and manage key client relationships, resulting in incremental revenues being generated for the firm
- Focus our service delivery on the client’s needs and priorities. Build deep client knowledge and harness this to deliver value
- Manage complex delivery assignments, managing engagement teams to deliver outstanding results
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Drive revenues across the TD practice, Strategy and Transactions and wider firm. Understand the capabilities of the firm and demonstrate proactive introduction of other EY services to our clients
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Play an important role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, product innovation, thought management)
- As a respected senior professional you’ll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and staff to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and foster an inclusive approach to teams
We're looking for exceptional people with broad transaction experience.
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Have a successful track record of selling and delivering Transaction Diligence services
- Have a strong understanding of financial services with a particular sector focus a benefit
- Have the gravitas and experience to bring credibility to the table at the most senior levels, both in client organisations and internally
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Possess highly developed commercial acumen and project management skills
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Have counselling skills, though not essential
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in building on your existing skillset, helping the wider team learn from your experience and have the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge, business development and communication skills, this role is for you.
What we offer
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.