Business Modelling Executive (Strategy and Transactions)
Business Modelling Executive – Strategy and Transactions
Who are EY
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Consulting services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
Strategy and Transactions (SaT)
At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly complex strategic challenges, we know that how organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow.
As a Strategy and Transactions professional, you'll work with the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market.
In Ireland, you will join a growing team of SaT professionals. You'll help those clients to make better and more informed decisions about how they manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
If you understand capital and how to make it work harder, Strategy and Transactions Services will offer the career opportunities you’re looking for.
Summary of role
Due to strong demand in the sector we are now looking to recruit an Executive to join our Business Modelling team.
Modelling work provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments, predominantly office/home office-based; from an assignment that lasts a couple of days to very large assignments working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. As no two projects are the same, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
Business modelling is regarded by many organisations as an integral and essential part of the decision-making process. The Business Modelling team brings specialist expertise to the process of developing complex models for business planning and forecasting, transactions (corporate finance and project finance), decision support, risk analysis and business information. We also provide independent assurance for banks and other model users by reviewing financial, strategic and operational models built by our clients.
What will I be doing
Typical activities include the following:
- Working under the supervision of Managers, Assistant Directors, Directors or Partners within Strategy and Transactions as well as other Ernst & Young departments in both Ireland and internationally on the following assignments:
- Business modelling
- Strategic advice
- Business planning & operational analysis
- Mergers, buyouts and disposals
- Due diligence
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress.
- Understanding our client requirements, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our clients through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- Design, develop and document complex business models.
- Review Excel models under supervision and arrive at preliminary conclusions.
- Understand, manipulate and interpret financial data and client information, drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Carry out relevant analysis and present your findings (both written and orally).
- Gathering, verifying and analysing information to formulate views.
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships.
- As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing more junior members of staff and providing constructive feedback on both a formal and informal basis.
- Maintaining and constantly upgrading technical knowledge and personal skills.
- Develop network of contacts (internal & external)
- Seek regular feedback on individual assignments and regular guidance from counsellor
- Manage own time to budgets and communicate progress against plan to assignment manager
- Identifying issues and drawing to attention of Partner/Director and contributing to discussions
Technical skills requirements
- Ideally you will have an accounting qualification – CA/CFA/CIMA or equivalent; a sound grasp of Irish GAAP and/or IFRS and financial accounting, combined with a high level of business awareness and a strong understanding of the factors that drive financial performance
- Highly numerate with a sound grasp of Excel and a natural interest in using it to help clients to better understand their business or to make better business decisions
- A track record in financial modelling, experience of working in a professional services environment, and exposure to high profile transactions, would all be a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with the development or formal review of financial models is a pre-requisite
- Additional technical skills such as Visual Basis or SQL and other programming languages would be an advantage
- Experience with visualisation tools (such as PowerBI) would be beneficial
Additional skills requirements
- Qualified/newly qualified with ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2.1 degree, numeric subjects preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates organization and self-management skills
- Pro-actively manage own development
To achieve their potential, businesses must continuously improve their performance and sustain that improvement in a rapidly changing business environment. As a business advisor at EY, you'll help many of the world's leading businesses and governments tackle their most pressing issues. Working in multi-disciplinary teams, often directly with company leaders, you'll help bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you professional development and experience with clients across geographies, businesses and practices.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.