Audit Senior - Financial Services Dublin/Cork
Audit Senior Financial Services – Dublin/ Cork
EY Ireland FSO Assurance will be conducting interviews from the 4th April 2022. Please apply to be considered for these positions in Ireland joining 2022 and or 2023 subject to permit/visa.
Assurance is our largest service line, where you will work with the highest performing teams serving industry leading clients, both locally and globally. Financial Services Assurance is a huge growth area for us and due to the continued success story of the financial services industry in Ireland along with a number of significant global wins in our Insurance practice we are looking to grow and develop our team to build upon this success.
As the only major professional services firm with an integrated financial services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa, we’re looking for talented assurance professionals. We offer outstanding careers in financial and professional services, working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues and helping to shape the future of financial services.
- A competitive salary and remuneration package, including a broad range of rewards and benefits
- The opportunity to grow and develop as a professional and enhance your skills to prepare for potential management roles
- EY is aiming to become the leading global professional services organisation by 2020. For EY Ireland, this means doubling our revenue and inviting 25 new partners and 700 new staff to the firm by then. Right now is an incredibly exciting time to join EY.
- The opportunity to join a growingaudit team that aims to be number 1 in the market in the next 3 years and offers significant progression opportunities.
- EY’s clients include Ireland’s and some of the world’s largest insurance companies
- Only globally integrated ‘Big 4’ firm built around inclusive borderless teams
- Free Gym Membership
- Ability to buy up to 5 extra days annual leave
What will I be doing?
Typical activities will include the following:
- You will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team working closely with our clients alongside partners and directors.
- Delivering efficient and effective audit and assurance services.
- You will be a part of a client facing team responsible for the day to day running of assurance projects.
- You will liaise with other EY services lines and offices.
- You will have exposure to a variety of client needs including technical and operational complexities.
- Interacting with business leaders. As many of our leasing client are headquartered in Ireland you will get to see first-hand how the management team operates.
- Gain understanding of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm's knowledge resources.
- Preparing accurate assurance documentation for review and completing work allocated to you within agreed budget and deadlines.
What do we look for?
Requirements for prospective candidates include:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent qualification).
- Degree qualified.
- Experience in Internal or External Audit.
- Candidates from a mi-tier practice with strong core audit experience and strong academics will also be considered.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (US GAAP, UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Strong communication skills.
- Team working skills
- Minimum of 18 months' left onyour valid Passport to facilitate Work Permit & Visa applications (where applicable)
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.