Business Consulting - Finance, Senior Associate (Financial Services)
We are the only professional services organization that has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver projects locally, leveraging a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
EY’s Business Consulting professionals bring a wealth of experience in working with major financial institutions to align their operating model and infrastructure to their business’ strategic objectives. We assemble the right multi-disciplinary teams, use consistent and proven global methodologies and tools, and draw on the full breadth of EY’s global network, to deliver value and trusted advice to the clients. The key service offerings cover finance function transformation, customer and distribution effectiveness, operations, shared services / outsourcing support, performance management, program advisory, enterprise intelligence, risk management and regulatory change.
Your key responsibilities
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. The type of projects we cover are:
- Finance function improvement e.g. maturity assessments in terms of people, process and tech.
- Finance process improvement, including redesigning of processes and advising clients on software options
- Finance operating model design, identify improvement opportunities for Finance to align their functions to business strategy
- Service delivery model design, involving operational or repeatable business processes to help clients meet their goals with regards to cost, efficiency and quality
- Regulatory projects e.g. IFRS17
In your role as a Senior Associate you will be responsible for:
- Manage day-to-day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business improvement
- Having a solid understanding of our service offerings and actively identify ways we can improve our service offering to clients
- Take responsibility for project deliverables and work products on the engagements to which you are assigned
- Lead and coach more junior members of your respective engagement teams
- Contributing to people initiatives, coaching and mentoring teams to encourage development of individuals and the practice
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor or Master Degree with a minimum of 3 years working experience, preferably in a finance functions within a Financial Services organization, or business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm.
- Basic accounting knowledge especially double-entry bookkeeping and how accounting transaction posting works in a Financial Services Organisation.
- Knowledge of other Finance processes (e.g. Budgeting, Performance Reporting, Financial and Regulatory Reporting, etc)
- Basic understanding of Finance Systems and Applications (e.g. GL systems, Reporting Tools, etc)
- RPA knowledge both from business and technical perspectives is an added bonus
- Experience in being a part of improvement programmes or other similar project work in your existing (or previous) organisations
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to take responsibility and initiative in change and improvement strategies
- Commercially driven
- Knowledge in support functions or front-liner functions in Wholesale Banking/ Capital Markets/ Retail Banking/ Insurance gained either through a leading business consulting organisation or financial institution/ insurance company
- Understand current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Transformation experience in one or more of the following disciplines or business processes:
- Operations and process improvement
- Risk Management
- Product Control
- Financial management and finance function improvement (operational accounting, statutory reporting, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting)
- Regulatory reporting
- Professional qualification such as ICAEW, ACCA, ACA, MICPA
- Leading ERP finance module experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills in understanding strategic direction and being able to convert into cohesive change management strategy and plans
- Desire to build / develop a career in advising our clients with organisational wide improvements and industry insight
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge finance solutions to our industry clients
- Ability to develop client opportunities and identify market growth opportunities
- Ability to support the business development cycle
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.