As a Senior Accountant you will be expected to provide cover to the Regulatory Reporting Senior Manager and support to the other team members, responsible for planning your own workload and ensuring all tasks are covered and deadlines are met. You will take responsibility for the execution of disclosures and the preparation of regulatory returns which are submitted to the Regulators.
Large financial services organisation based in the Midlands.
- Preparation of regulatory disclosure and reporting to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Providing guidance to team members where requested.
- Planning and managing your own resources and workloads to ensure deadlines are met and risk is minimised.
- Assisting the Senior Manager in completing reviews of the Disclosures and Regulatory Returns ensuring review evidence is maintained and all queries are resolved prior to submission.
- Completing regular reviews of guidance interpretation documentation to ensure disclosure and reporting is accurate and new developments are identified and applied.
- Assisting the Senior Manager in identifying new disclosure and regulatory developments ensuring requirements are captured in a timely manner enabling any data gaps to be identified and closed.
- Give complex and detailed advice on areas of subject matter expertise within and outside the Finance function.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues across the organisation and contacts outside.
- Influence other areas of the organisation to provide the required inputs to be included in disclosures and regulatory reporting within realistic deadlines.
- ACCA / ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Excel intermediate level (including pivots, lookups)
- Ability to interpret complex guidance published by the Regulators and translate into a non-technical format
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Enthusiastic and proactive individual
- Good communication skills -as you will be working with all levels of Senior Managers across Finance and Non-Finance areas.
Competitive package and benefits.