Wholesale Credit Risk - EMEA Business Manager (Vice President)
Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as independent, trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
This is a time-pressured and high-profile position which is instrumental in assisting/advising senior management and in coordinating the deployment of the bank’s corporate resources to address strategic and tactical objectives.
The main aim of a Business Manager is to:
- Support the business heads and management team in the delivery of priorities
- Represent the Credit Risk business in respective internal/external working groups
- Perform financial planning and analysis; identify productivity initiatives and drive implementation to meet budgeting targets (e.g. through headcount and org structure reviews)
- Support and/or drive the implementation of new business strategies, strategic initiatives or platforms, including aligning department and support groups (Finance, Tech, Ops, Legal, Compliance, HR, Audit)
- Identify, escalate and mitigate business or operational risks that could impair our ability to do business: e.g. legal, tax, regulatory, compliance, resiliency)
- Partner with the business, Operations, Technology, Finance and other strategic partners in the definition of future workflows and implementation of related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area
- Previous product knowledge and/or prior Business Management or COO experience preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organization and prioritization skills and a high degree of independence to manage competing priorities
- Thought leadership with the ability to both define and deliver to conclusion a strategic agenda across multiple groups
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Able to forge strong internal relationships across a broad range of functions and seniority levels
- Present well to senior and global business heads, with excellent written and oral communication skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.