FX Sales and Relationship Manager
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
As part of the Global FX Sales team, you are responsible for managing existing and developing new institutional FX relationships within the Australian market, targeting the growth of both custody and third-party FX flow. You will promote the full suite of Northern Trust’s FX products including passive and dynamic hedging, outsourced FX solutions, direct dealing and FX Algos to institutional clients, whilst delivering a high level of client service and relationship management.
This role reports to Global Head of FX Sales and Client Service and is open to both Melbourne and Sydney location.
What you will do
Client service & relationship management:
- Independently manage FX relationships of Northern Trust’s Australian business and ensure their currency trading requirements and servicing needs are satisfied
- Maintain a detailed understanding of macro and micro drivers of FX markets such as economic data, central bank activity, regulatory changes, product developments etc explaining how these factors impact FX markets to clients and internal partners.
- Coordinate with internal departments and partners to ensure a consistently high level of client satisfaction with Northern Trust’s services and products.
- Manage client FX requirements across onboarding, documentation, legal and risk management
- Promote our participation in proprietary and multi-bank platforms. Ensure trading efficiency by migrating/introducing customers to trading platforms, replacing inefficient spreadsheet, email and phone trading
- Maintain diligent CRM program including formal relationship reviews, product updates, market reviews
- Provide demonstrations and assist clients navigating FX platforms and systems
- Conduct client trading volume analysis
- Assist clients and asset servicing teams with FX reporting and account enquiries
- Work closely with global FX teams and desks to ensure alignment of global practices locally, and representation of Australian client needs
- Engage in business development efforts to grow existing FX client relationships across the FX continuum, including custodyFX, outsourced FX, currency management, direct and e-commerce solutions
- Serve as the local FX product and services subject matter expert to develop business with prospective clients
- Participate and present at internal and industry FX events representing Northern Trust Global Foreign Exchange
- Prepare and deliver presentations, including RFI/P’s, prospective pitch decks
- Work closely with other capital markets and asset servicing sales teams to ensure alignment in sales approach to maximise cross sell opportunities
- Develop and maintain FX sales pipeline ensuring development and tracking of opportunities
- Contribute to local, regional and global sales targets
- Proven relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the institutional FX market across asset owners, managers, hedge funds, family offices and corporates
- Detailed understanding of FX products and services across Custody FX, Outsourced FX, Currency Management, E-Commerce and Direct Dealing
- Extensive experience with foreign exchange trading instruments including spot, forwards, swaps across developed and restricted currencies
- Experience across industry FX systems and platforms
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the industry
- Ability to autonomously manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Creative problem solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related discipline required
- CRM experience, preferably SalesForce
As of 31 December 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $16.2 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.6 trillion in assets under management
- $184 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honoured to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2022 (5th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2022 (For the 15th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.