Technical Coordinator, Manila Investment Accounting
Manila SAP and Investment Accounting team is responsible for the reconciliation of financial reporting data and the preparation of cyclical customized reporting to NT clients. They work closely with their counterparts to deliver superlative data quality and first class client service. As experts in this field, partner would have a strong base knowledge in accounting principles, adaptable with working in multiple financial platforms and best in class client service. We are committed to continuous learning, improvement and process review to re-define and ensure adherence to best practice.
- Act as key point of contact for the client and internal stakeholders with regards to Investment Accounting reporting service.
- Review NT custody data with SAP accounting systems to ensure accuracy and adherence to client’s custom reporting requirements.
- Ensure appropriate books and records are maintained for all client investment portfolios by applying the proper STAT, GAAP, and Tax prescribed guidance
- Maintain accurate GAAP, STAT, and Tax records for investment activity including fixed income, equity and a variety of other types of securities
- Review and analyze investment activity for client portfolios and perform transactions (i.e. cash, corporate actions, income) and holdings reconciliations
- Complete month end closing processes and activities on a timely basis
- Maintain client books and records including production of P&L, Trial Balances and other client related reporting requests
- Work closely with consultants, clients and internal stakeholders on queries and requests.
- Own team’s KPIs and client documentation/schematics on a periodic basis to ensure completeness of records.
- Proactively identify risks in the process and close gaps in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify, strategizes and lead in projects focused on service delivery, capacity management and productivity.
- Responsible for planning and executing team’s allocation, training and workforce management.
- Responsible for initiating service governance calls and ensures all control measures are adhered to.
- Work closely with Team lead to mentor, train and provide guidance to Senior analysts and Analysts to validate their output and thinking.
- Have a strong appreciation and understanding of client’s investment process
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree with strong background of accounting and financial principles relating to investment, regulatory reporting on a statutory and GAAP basis.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in an Asset Servicing/Asset Management capacity
- Must have strong working knowledge of fixed income and equity securities and understand activity related to accruals, income payments, and other maintenance transactions
- Strong Experience in a valuation and audit function
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- CPA is highly preferred but not a requirement.
- Experience with SAP TRM, FAM applications are highly desired.
- Analytical mind – Mathematically competent with a desire to understand and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Creative problem solving – Able to draw together fundamental principles of investment operations and with large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions
- Articulate – Able to convey complicated and multi-faceted information to audiences across the spectrum of the investment profession
- Client Focused – Committed to delivering superior client outcomes every time
- Diligence – Awareness of commitments and strives to meet deadlines
- Proactive – Able to advise beyond expectations on certain requirements, risk areas and areas of development of the team
- Strategic – Able to think like a business owner and think of a bigger picture
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.