Credit Model Risk Specialist – Internal Audit
Description of Business Unit:
Group Internal Audit (GIA), together with Group Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group, providing assurance on the effectiveness of the first and second lines of defence in risk management, internal control and corporate governance across the Group. We provide independent challenging, risk focused assurance that meets our key partner's needs. We have a Group-wide remit and, as a result, have a deep insight into all of the Group's activities and access to the most senior levels within the Group.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in Republic of Ireland, with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required, exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Purpose of the role:
The Credit Risk Assurance team within GIA provides reasonable risk-based assurance that credit risk is being appropriately managed across the Group. In this role you will be a key member of GIA Credit Risk models team and act as a subject matter expert on the team. You will develop the assurance strategy for credit risk models, perform and lead out on credit risk audit assignments focused on these models.
Working as part of a professional audit team you will assist in providing independent and risk focused assurance that meets our key partners' needs. Our partners include the Group Audit Committee, Court Risk Committee, Senior Management and regulators in Ireland, the UK and the US. In this role you will be an integral part of a successful team and will act as a key enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work. You will partner with business leaders across all divisions to acquire a detailed understanding of the key end-to-end processes and develop technical knowledge through interpretation and application of reporting standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Build and maintain GIA's audit strategy for credit IRB models and work closely with the Audit Director and Head of Audit to ensure that an appropriate assurance programme is devised and implemented to provide objective and challenging risk based assurance on a range of key risks across credit risk models in Bank of Ireland
- Maintain subject matter expertise in the area of credit risk modelling, keeping yourself and the team abreast of key regulatory and industry trends in credit risk modelling
- Support delivery of the credit risk assurance plan through leading individual credit risk assurance assignments and managing the activity of other Credit Model Team members, focused on Credit Risk models and producing high quality work papers and reports.
- Play a lead role in assignments relating to credit risk models, such as audits relating to the development, validation or ongoing management of credit decisioning, IRB, impairment or loan loss forecasting models.
- Support GIA's senior leadership team in the ongoing development of GIA's capability and execution of its strategy, including embracing agile audit techniques.
What the opportunity?
Join our dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing. This is a unique opportunity to view the Bank through a holistic lens. You will work closely with partners across the Group to provide 'Independent Insight and Opinion'. As a result, you will gain knowledge of end-to-end credit risk management across a diversified multi-national financial services group, gaining exposure to a wide variety of credit risk units and their management teams.
Enjoy a culture which is passionate about putting our values into action and growing in ambition.
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in credit risk model development, validation and/or ongoing management.
- Solid understanding of existing and upstream regulations relating to credit risk models including the Capital Requirements Regulation, IFRS 9, Stress Testing, ICAAP and relevant EBA regulatory technical standards and EBA/ECB guidelines.
- Consistent track record to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships.
- Strong planning and leadership skills, with the ability to fully engage staff at all levels.
- Track record that demonstrates good judgment, drive, agility and resilience.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to concisely articulate required actions.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous audit experience.
- Third level qualification in a quantitative field.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as SAS, Python and R.
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.