Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency Investor Services Centre (ISC - USA Team) Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Transfer Agency (TA) provide administration services to fund management companies covering the full range of Investor servicing functions such as dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions, and statements.
The Investor Service Centre (ISC) is the contact centre for the TA department and this team forms part of the investor service centre in Limerick, Ireland, working closely with our colleagues in the US (Chicago) and supporting investors in the US for administration and queries relating to their accounts and trades. The roles are Limerick based and will work to Irish time zone hours.
Reporting to the team Leader, the Senior Analyst Investor Service Representative on the contact centre team acts as a primary resource for investors, internal partners, and third-party contacts, regarding mutual funds, partnerships, and Transfer Agency processing. The representative provides accurate and timely transaction processing, verbal and written investor communication, and exceptional client service.
- Responds to account inquiries in writing via email and post
- Monitor and report on various client queries and make recommendations where applicable to your Team Leader on procedure changes to enhance the Customer experience.
- Processes mutual fund orders, processes account maintenance requests, and provides general information on funds to investors and internal partners.
- Expected to use initiative but refer more complex problems to expert/supervisors.
- Provide assistance and coaching to new members of the team and act as a point of reference for their queries.
- Responsible for following established guidelines, identifying and resolving problems, and ensuring that follow up is completed for research items.
- Develops a strong knowledgeable of the core aspects and business functions of a Transfer Agency.
- Develops a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to investor and account servicing, including on-line tools, and seeks to expand knowledge to maintain the highest standards of client servicing.
- Works well independently and effectively as a team member.
- Act as a mentor to new team members.
- May support the improvement of quality through procedural reviews and enhancements.
- Complete and distribute internal reporting on team KPIs (key performance indicators) as requested.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales and to the right level of quality & accuracy.
- Fulfil additional and relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements as outlined by your Team Leader.
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
- Maintain updated knowledge of Northern Trust and Third-Party fund products and services, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
CRUCIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respect, inclusion, problem solving and understanding);
- Strong Customer focus;
- Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing and written communication skills);
- Ability to work on own initiative and to set deadlines;
- Thinking (decision making, idea generation, analytical mind set and a problem solver);
- Leadership (direction, idea generation, knowledge sharing and team recognition);
- Computer literate (e.g. ability to use Excel, Word, and other Office applications competently).
- Attention to detail and strong eye for accuracy.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant related industry experience is preferred
- Experience working in a contact centre or a Customer facing role, ideally in financial services
- Basic funds industry knowledge is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the NT (Northern Trust) organisation, the fund administration product more generally and the financial services regulatory environment.
No direct reports but act as an escalation point of contact for more junior members of the Team.
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Team Leader
- Quality Team
- USA Team Manager
- US Team Contacts
- Head of Investor Servicing Team
EXTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- External Clients
- External Investors
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.