Deputy Legal Entity Controller
This role is within the UK Controllers team and will be based in Manchester
The UK Controllers Team is involved in all aspects of Legal Entity reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management and to the Boards) and local GAAP accounting. The remit of the team is oversight, analysis and communication around the legal entities assigned to them. The team is also responsible for managing the external audit process.
The Legal Entity Controller is specifically responsible for the following:
- Oversight for the assigned legal entity. This includes being the formal point of contact for the entity from a Finance perspective
- Provision of financial analysis/insight on the assigned legal entities
- Communication of results and issues both verbally and in written form
- Coordination with audit (internal/external) and SOX teams as required.
Key responsibilities relate to the production and or review of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in both local and US GAAP.
- Ownership of the annual financial statements process for assigned entities
- Provide guidance and review for work produced by the offshore team
- Ownership of centralised audit processes as allocated in year end audit (e.g. Payroll, Bank confirmations or Intrabanks)
- Monthly Reporting:
- Oversight of results for certain legal entities over the month end close, escalate and resolve issues.
- Review of variance analysis produced by offshore team to provide meaningful analysis of different aspects on the legal entity financials
- Review and approval of certain month end journals
- VIE accounting template and journal production
- Production of UK Asset management group consolidation
- Quarterly Board pack reporting
- Reporting analysis produced for a variety of stakeholders including the board of directors, internal management and in support of the regulatory reporting process.
- Review of IFRS reconciliations for assigned legal entities
- Maintain SOX, ICFR, ICRR documentation as required for assigned legal entities.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
- Full or Part Qualified accountant with audit and accounts preparation experience
- Financial services and or investment management experience preferred
- Exposure to PeopleSoft/Oracle general ledgers desirable
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with IFRS deemed essential; US GAAP exposure would also be desirable.
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Accounting qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Highly motivated, adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate key messages
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate across Finance and the wider organisation
- Able to work in a complex global organization
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
- Strong decision maker, responsible and accountable for their deliverables
- Good attention to detail
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.