Manager - Project Reporting & Analysis
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) services the Group’s major corporate, institutional and government clients, creating customised solutions based on specific needs, industry trends and market conditions.
IB&M Finance supports the IB&M businesses in providing financial control, financial analysis, product control, regulatory accounting and related project implementation for finance related functions.
IB&M Expense and Project Reporting team is responsible for all matters relating to operating expenses & projects, including management, control, forecasting and reporting. The team also provides strategic support through the management of project related expense drivers for the IB&M Leadership Team, IB&M CFO and the business.
The role reports to the Senior Manager IB&M Project Reporting & Analysis.
Do work that matters
As a Manager within IB&M Finance, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the development of the IB&M project portfolio, including:
- Management of the project portfolio prioritisation process across IB&M
- Review of projects to ensure delivery of business case outcomes and report monthly/quarterly to the IB&M Leadership Team on the status of each project, including milestones, risks, issues, financial status, KPIs and realisation of net benefits
- Responsible for business case review and approval process, including :
- Review business cases for satisfactory return and reasonableness of project assumptions
- Liaise with key stakeholders to obtain timely approval of IB&M projects
- Undertake funding reviews to allow for release of additional project funds at appropriate stage gates
- Drive business outcomes through building and maintaining effective relationships with Business and Finance customers with particular focus on the CFO, GE and IB&M Leadership Team
- Provide relevant and timely support to other Financial Services teams
- Manage delivery of high quality, business focused reporting
- Manage 1 Direct Report
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualification
- Previous people management experience
- Experience with project management preferable
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and delivering quality outcomes
- Experience with senior stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong eye for detail with ability to distil key messages and bring insight
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/05/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.