Payment Systems Assurance & Risk Manager
Payment Systems Assurance & Risk Manager
North Greenwich, London (Mix of office and home working)
£60,000 - £65,000 plus fantastic benefits
Transport for London’s contactless ticketing technology leads the world in this field. With over 6 million transactions every day and growing, there is a sophisticated payments network which underpins this vast system. Our people make sure millions of residents, workers and visitors arrive safely at their destinations, whether it’s by tube, bus, taxi, riverboat, cable car, coach, train, tram or bicycle.
As the Payments Systems Risk Manager, you will work on the systems that collect over £5B of revenue per year. You will manage the systems controls and risks to TfL’s customer payment and charging systems, including support for TfL's complex underlying revenue reporting, assurance obligations and financial processes. You will provide technical, financial & risk expertise to exciting projects that will ensure the continuing development of TfL's world class payment systems.
You will be responsible for providing assurance activities for TfL’s contactless and Oyster systems. This will involve designing, building and testing controls and providing risk and controls expertise to other parts of TfL. You will provide subject matter expertise to both internal and external stakeholders, on the development or enhancement of payment & charging systems, including specific project work, reporting, and changes to the operating network.
You will manage a small team to operate day to day revenue controls monitoring, publishing control reports and logging and resolving errors in a timely way, and adapting these controls as systems change.
An integral part of the role is to manage internal and external audits as they relate to payment & charging systems, including coordinating annual audits, managing stakeholders to resolve audit issues, and re-tendering for audit services as required.
- Detailed understanding of managing system risks, identifying controls, their effectiveness & design of associated action plans
- Expert in managing internal and external audits of financial transaction processing systems
- Commercial awareness, ensuring systems development is aligned with contractual agreements
- Education to degree level and an appropriate chartered accounting or audit qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CISA or equivalent) and a good working knowledge of best practice governance and risk management frameworks (COBIT, COSO etc.)
- Strong problem solving and financial analysis skills, ideally using SQL or advanced data mining techniques
- Proven track record to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to assess risks, establish & monitor controls, and actively resolve issues, maintaining enthusiasm & participation over time
- Proven ability to influence across all areas of the business, including influencing key decision-makers in highly political environments and to successfully facilitate joint decision making & resolution to issues
- Leadership and people management skills, and to act as a source of inspiration for team and peer
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both orally and in writing
- Ability to write clear technical and requirements documentation in a style suitable for ongoing maintenance and management of systems
- Proven ability to efficiently organise and coordinate internal and external work including audits, risk workshops, cross functional working groups, and projects
- A breadth of experience is needed to be able to understand & manage the risks and controls required for the end-to-end fare to cash processes across complex systems with revenues in the £billions pa.
- Extensive and in-depth experience of developing, managing and accessing large and complex data systems involving millions of transactions per day
- Managing a team to maintain revenue control and reporting activities
- Managing or performing complex internal and external audits across multiple organisations
- Running risk workshops, assessing risks, identifying controls, advising mitigations, and managing systems to reduce risk
Excellent Benefits include:
- Award Winning Work Life Balance
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button below. You will need to apply using your CV and a two-page covering letter.
Closing date: 30 May 2022.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair