Financial Accounting and Automation Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development (opportunity for ACCA and CIMA), and Exposure to global counterparts
- Insights to Morgan Stanley's businesses and departments
- Great company culture supporting long-term career goals and work-life balance
- Monitor, analyze and maintain strong financial control on the Firm's budgeting tracking tool and governance process
- Oversee financial review and sign off process of high-value Infrastructure (e.g. Technology, Operations) projects
- Collaborate with senior Business Unit partners from around the globe
- Prepare ad-hoc and regular analyses and deliver insightful information to key stakeholders and management on financial performance
- Identify development opportunities and implement enhancements; look for ways of improving the efficiency, process and data quality, test and support implementation of improvement initiatives
- Take part in automation projects; process improvements
- Involvement in ad-hoc/ global projects, optimization of current processes and standardization of processes across regions
- Completed Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related disciplines
- Min. 4-5 years of Accounting / Financial reporting related work experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proactive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (VBA is an advantage)
You might also have:
- Experience in working with Digital Transformation tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx)
Team Profile: Global Corporate Controllers department is responsible for Morgan Stanley's financial records, ensuring that the assets and liabilities of the Firm are properly controlled, and providing accurate and timely financial information both to senior management and externally to statutory and regulatory bodies. The Budapest team is a vital part of the global operations, representing more than 80% of the team globally.
About Morgan Stanley:
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.