Purpose & accountabilities
- Reporting to R&A Brunei Lead and is responsible for end-to-end financial reporting and controls of Brunei entity in accordance with GFRM.
This role will have specific accountabilities with regards the support for Brunei. These include successfully deliver various processes below but are not limited to:
- Month-end close tasks: advise and review accrual, Group Reporting submission (e.g., TB review/ BOFC), fixes assets accounting, Intra Group (IG) & 3rd Party accounts receivable and accounts payable; and regulator statistical returns.
- Review period end results and commentaries to ensure Group returns are correct and in compliance with accounting policies.
- Act as the reviewer of various financial controls to comply with Group Requirement to protect value and minimize value leakages, e.g., input to 20-F Annual Report, Blackline Reconciliation, Impairment control etc.
- Leading and preparing for audit deliverables in statutory accounts for Brunei legal entities to ensure submission in accordance with local and Netherland regulations.
- Closely collaborating with other Finance Operations teams and onshore Finance.
- Maintain close collaboration with various Group functions where relevant to enable a successful delivery. Examples are Upstream PAR, JV Reporting, GSR, Reserve Assurance Reporting, Global Costs Sharing etc.
Translated company description:
Skills & requirements:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree or Professional Qualification, in Accounting/Finance is preferred.
- A strong understanding of financial reporting processes/ accounting standard combined with strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently even when there is ambiguity or change
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure, managing conflicting priorities, with short deadlines and quick turnaround and still maintain the required attention to detail
- Ability to drive and coordinate a repetitive process across multiple stakeholders. This requires stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills combining influencing and motivating others and ensuring appropriate compliance to processes at all levels in the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of various Microsoft software products
- Knowledge in Financial and computer systems/applications (Blueprint SAP) preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.