VAT Compliance Specialist
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 9,100 experts and 120 offices in 85 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance and entity management services essential to global business success.
This role can be fully remote or based in the Brighton office (1 or 2 days per week).
- To be responsible for the management and profitable delivery of VAT compliance services to clients;
- To manage the client relationship and delivery of service to a portfolio of VAT clients, in line with internal and external deadlines and to a high standard in accordance with regulations;
- Develop opportunities within the existing client base and assist with continuous improvement of the service line;
- Provide support and day to day supervision to Associates;
- Coordinate the completion and submission of VAT returns with Associates;
- Coordinate the completion and submission of EC Sales List and Intrastat reports, and any other country-specific reports with Associates;
- Ensure the completion and submission of VAT registrations/de-registrations;
- Coordinate and complete the onboarding process of new clients;
- Ensures internal and external billing processes are implemented as per defined procedures;
- Identify out-of-scope services and provide information to team managers following prescribed procedures;
- Supports the improvement and maintenance of procedures associated with compliance processes;
- Maintain contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties to obtain the required information for reporting purposes and deal with queries and follow up;
- Keep up to date with changes in local tax legislation;
- Build a first-rate professional relationship with assigned clients;
- Build a first-rate professional relationship with local offices;
- Management of credit control for allocated clients;
- Use specific software programs and maintain company databases as required;
- Responsible for organizing regular calls with clients, collect feedback and suggest clear follow-up actions and identify and act on potential additional work;
- Responsible for identifying and monitoring client operational risks and in conjunction with the local offices address tax risks and suggest actions for mitigating them to Senior VAT Compliance Manager;
- Responsible for identifying and monitoring client commercial risks, escalate them to the Senior VAT Compliance Manager and suggests actions for mitigating them;
- Responsible for ensuring that the client portfolio is profitable and where not, suggest ways of improving efficiency;
- Responsible for ensuring clients are set-up in the relevant tax technology system within agreed deadlines.
- Preferably 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Degree holder in finance, accountancy or business-related disciplines preferred;
- ACCA/CTA qualifications are desirable;
- 100% Data Entry completeness and accuracy into the relevant reporting system/working papers for the clients, except in circumstances beyond your control Responsible for implementing standard approaches aimed to ensure VAT revenue for the current client portfolio is maximised (additional registrations, out of scope, cross-sell, upsell);
- Nurture client relationships to maximise revenue and minimise attrition;
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the non-chargeable time on the client portfolio is reduced to a minimum;
- 100% Compliance to Tax Reporting Deadlines, except in circumstances beyond your control;
- 100% Adherence to ISO27001 Data/information Security protocols;
- Ensure timeliness and correctness of data provided to clients
- 100% timely and accurate personal time writing and in line with personal productivity target;
- Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organize;
- Analytical structured mindset with the ability to follow and build upon existing processes and ensure data is maintained with accuracy and consistency;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and preferably a second language;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook is essential
- Good understanding how immediate team interacts with other teams to deliver results;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the general environment in which TMF Group operates;
- Understand and apply TMF’s code of conduct and values;
- Has a good understanding of TMF Group’s business lines and how TMF is structured;
- Understands and applies control and risk governance frameworks consistently;
- Fully knowledgeable on the day to day activities required to maintain client statutory records.
What is in it for you?
Pathways for career development
Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF Continuous development is supported through global learning opportunities from the TMF Business Academy.
Making an impact
You’ll be helping us to make the world a simpler place to do business for our clients.
Through our corporate social responsibility programme, you’ll also be making a difference in the communities where we work.
A supportive environment
Strong feedback culture to help build an engaging workplace.
Our inclusive work environment allows you to work from our offices around the world, as well as from home, helping you find the right work-life balance to perform at your best.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.