Team Leader/Senior Payroll Officer
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance – whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
- Assist in the Management of a team of Payroll staff (Specialists, Administrators and / or Trainees) including allocation of work, review of workload and assisting with work related matters. Adhere to TMF policies and procedures (including four-eye principle);
- Assist in the resolution of team and client escalations. Maintain a full understanding of processes to be able to resolve matters swiftly and accurately;
- Processes a portfolio of clients within the team. Set a good example to the team as to how to manage/process clients well and share this practice with the team;
- Maintains effective relationship with clients and internal/external stakeholders, including banks, authorities, etc. Strive for improvements in client satisfaction and continuous improvement;
- Keep up to date with new payroll and other required legislation and compliance (both internally and externally), and ensure changes are introduced to Team and client payrolls;
- Manage payroll compliance requirements within the team including accurate, complete and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required and payments to employees;
- Manages daily work ensuring Client data is received in a timely manner and in a format that is acceptable to TMF;
- Assist and support the Team with high complexity matters, including Statutory and Occupations Absence calculations, Shares, Ex Pats, Pension Schemes, P11ds , BIK’s, final payment calculation, data input into payroll system, preparation of employer’s return, preparation of local pension filing, FPS, EPS etc.;
- Attend Client meetings to deal with service issues and provide solutions which appease situations and Clients. Act as first point of contact for escalations;
- Processing, payment, reconciliation and reporting of benefits P11d’s (e.g. Health insurance, Pension, Share Awards etc.) as required;
- Ensuring that TMF are set up as the Agent for all clients and can download HMRC notices from Revenue’s Online Service;
- Ensure Enate is used as the principal tool for checking payroll, ensure Enate cases and tickets are responded to in accordance with the agreed timelines;
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders. Follow ‘Our Service Promise’ delivery guidelines for relationship management;
- Managing and monitoring company policies, relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle;
- Work with Payroll Team Leaders, Payroll Service Delivery Managers and On-Boarding Manager to ensure work is moved from on boarding to BAU swiftly and accurately;
- Provide support to the Internal Accounting team for billing, debt collection and WIP as required;
- Ensure clients are billed in accordance with the signed engagement letter including any out of scope work, carrying out budgeting work as appropriate. Coordinate, billing and other internal controls to ensure that they are conducted and observed;
- Review leakage charge-out rates vs productivity on personal client portfolio and take action accordingly;
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required for the role.
- IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent qualification with substantial experience in a fast paced, high volume payroll position;
- A detailed knowledge of Payee As You Earn (including Benefits In Kind) and PRSI/NI;
- Familiarity with Revenue’s Online Service and bank transfer processes;
- Experience with payroll systems e.g. Sage Micropay, STAR and Microsoft office packagers and or willingness to learn to use payroll systems;
- or supervising a team including allocation and review of work;
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organize themselves;
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner, fluency in English is required.
What is in it for you?
- Stable employment;
- Flexi-time and remote working;
- An international and dynamic environment;
- Private medical care;
- Life insurance;
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities;
- Free language courses;
- Exceptional people and atmosphere;
- Christmas and occasional gifts;
- Charity work;
Advertised: 11 Apr 2022 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 May 2022 GMT Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.