The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the accountants in your team by performing clerical tasks such as filing, handling mail, making phone calls, replying to emails and basic bookkeeping. You will also be responsible for supporting the production of sole trader accounts, partnership accounts, company accounts and management accounts.
- Monitoring daily communications and answering queries
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct
- Recording and filing cash transactions
- Invoice processing and filing
- Processing expense requests for approval
- Liaising with third party providers, clients, and suppliers to resolve queries
- Assisting with administrative tasks that fall within the responsibility of the department including B10s,
- CS01 checks and account filing deadline emails to the department.
- Produce 64-8 online for authority to act
- Additional work when required by managers
- Preparing documents for managers/partners for client meetings
- Records control within the department – where we hold client records and make sure both the spreadsheet and client details are up to date.
- Approximately 3 years’ experience in practice
- Experience using accounts production software such as CCH.
- Good Communication Skills
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, knowledge on how to use Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team.
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner whilst ensuring we exceed client expectations