Derivatives COE Middle Office, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
An opportunity exists for the position of Senior Associate within the OTC derivatives middle office team. For the right candidate, this represents a good opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of OTC derivatives and the OTC market supporting global OTC trading books.
Reporting to the Officer, this position is an opportunity for somebody with experience of derivatives to deepen their knowledge and broaden their experience within the OTC market. The environment is challenging and target driven and a great opportunity to be involved in the development of this expanding team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate you will
- Carry out core, complex and custom processing activities and implement ways to standardise when possible in accordance with established procedures
- Coach the team to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines in accordance with established procedures
- Resolve complex issues acting with a sense of urgency
- Be accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train specialists on complex processes and be a subject matter expert for the process
- Support the implementation of process improvements
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Previous middle office or banking/fund administration operations experience
- Knowledge of, or experience working with OTC derivative products
- Quality and Risk Management - drive high quality outputs and ensure that organisational risks are managed through effective controls
- Manage Execution - ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure adherence to service level agreements, standard operating procedures
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – provide support to the Officer with decision making by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Financial or Business background with a related degree
- Knowledge of Derivative instruments
- Microsoft Excel / VBA
- Microsoft PowerPoint / Visio
- Ability to master quickly a new suite of applications
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.