Outsourcing Oversight Manager, State Street Global Advisors , AVP
Why this role is important to us
The Outsourcing Oversight Manager is responsible for supporting the organization’s outsourcing governance framework including oversight & control as well as reporting duties. The individual will work independently and will liaise with business departments, supporting functions and senior management teams of the organization.
What you will be responsible for
- Coordination of legal entity outsourcing governance framework according to local and regulatory requirements
- Supervision and coordination of outsourcing risk analysis documentation and supervision of necessary adjustments to the documentation if risk situation has changed or according to the regular review
- Supports compilation of the risk analysis performed by the business units; assessing risks: classification, qualification of impact, etc. and contributes to identifying source of risks during that processes
- Analyses risk scenarios and develops recommendations for appropriate mitigating actions and internal control improvements based on the business unit proposals
- Partner and support business units in risk monitoring related matters e.g. determination of KPIs; regular performance review of outsourcing service provider; SLA
- Develops appropriate regular outsourcing risk reporting, internally (e.g. MIS, annual outsourcing report for senior management) and externally as required;
- Management of UK outsourcing inventories
- Contact person for internal and external audit requests on outsourcing related matters
- General Operations Control functions
What we value
- Being collaborative by nature with the capability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines
- An ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with internal partners across all levels of the organization
- An ability to take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
- An ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- A positive attitude that motivates and inspires others
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate or above, preferably with specialization in finance or comparable designation
- 3+ years of experience in a financial services organization, ideally within the asset management/- servicing industry and preferably with a risk management focus; previous operational risk experience would be ideal
- Experience in people and project management would be helpful but not mandatory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical, reliable and proactive working attitude with an eye for detail and ability to complete projects and keep to ambitious deadlines
- Strong personal organization and planning skills and ability to work independently within tight timeframes
- Ability to act across different business units/ areas
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.