Head of Fund Services
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is at Board level role and will be a member of the Irish Leadership Team, responsible for the leadership of the Irish fund business’ client servicing and client support teams, and the development of the Irish funds practice area in collaboration with the TMF’s global funds services practice. The individual will be consider as the Chief Executive of the Irish business with full responsibility for regulatory matter, P&L, client service delivery, and operational delivery, with additional responsibility for defining and executing revenue growth plans. While TMF Group has a well established and respected fund services practice globally, our Irish practice is in the start up phase. We are therefore looking for entrepreneurial and energetic experts that are willing to face the challenges of a start up while leveraging our global strengths.
The post holder will also develop close working relationships directly with fellow Board members, the TMF Group practice area heads, other TMF offices and externally with business partners and clients to support the development of new business. Thought leadership and service innovation will also be an important element of the role.
The post holder will ensure client service delivery complies with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements, promoting adherence to TMF policies and procedures, at all times.
Fiduciary & Regulatory
- Board member of TMF regulated and unregulated operational entities.
- Member of UK&I leadership team and other committees as required.
- Builds and maintains a collaborative and positive relationship with fellow Board members, regional leadership, practice leadership and global leadership.
- Act as a director for client entities;
- Act as a signatory for client entities;
- Ensure full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure a robust, externally audited control framework is established and adhered to uniformly across the business
- Monitor regulatory change and implement corresponding change within the business
- Fully understand the requirements of the Group’s business plan and work to ensue successful delivery of the Group’s stated objectives.
- Lead client service delivery orchestration within the Irish market;
- End responsibility for service standards and client success;
- Facilitating cross-office client relationship management.
- Review and implement solutions for all contentious and complex technical and/or servicing matters in conjunction with in-house SMEs.
- Undertake client service business plans including specific account plans and retention plans where appropriate. Identify key resources and investments necessary to underpin these plans.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of the fund business’ target P&L and operation performance KPIs.
- Identify efficiency gains and exploit opportunities for margin improvement within the local funds team.
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders, overarching responsibility for local strategy and implementation.
- Support the Global Head of Funds in global strategy development and implementation.
- Support the IUK&I Commercial Director in the development and implementation growth plans.
- Keep up to date on legal/regulatory/tax based developments or changes that could affect the funds business and client base. Identify the key impacts and in conjunction with compliance, ensure staff are adequately trained on any impact.
- Implementing the global operating model for the Irish business through strong analytical and planning skills, in collaboration with the Global Head of Funds and other funds market leaders.
- Implementing the TMF FS technology stack in Ireland and ensuring maximum efficiency within our usage of applications.
- Ensuring strong controls are in place with adherence to relevant policies, operational procedures and processes such as SOC 1 standards
- Reporting on operational activity, and implementing continuous improvement programs and workflow planning
- Driving quality and service level improvements
- Driving operational change, e.g. digitization
- Exploring and implementing efficiency opportunities to improve profitability
- Build and develop a team of professionals.
- Leadership of the team and wider business as a member of the Market Management Team.
- Driving values, culture and employee engagement
- Ensure adequate resourcing and support recruitment activity.
- Team Management & Mentoring of the client servicing and support teams.
- Oversee team development and succession planning.
- Identifies cross-sell and up-sell revenue growth opportunities and work across the TMF network to deliver on such opportunities.
- New-new business development.
- Implement and drive a local intermediary relationship program.
- New product development.
- Generation of Thought Leadership to clients and the market.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure the fund business is compliant with local regulations and laws.
- Proactively work with the Head of Risk, Compliance, Legal & Governance to implement, monitor and enhance controls in the operation of the business.
- Continue to improve the quality of client data and standard of client files to comply with the local regulations.
Your profile & Key knowledge
Key knowledge and experience
- Graduate in a relevant field and a professional qualification. E.g. ISCA, STEP, ACCA.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the fund business – preference for private fund administration as opposed to hedge fund administration
- Experience operating as a member of the Board of a regulated fund administrator in Ireland
- A comprehensive understanding of their subject area to explain both the concept and principles to clients, staff and Group representatives.
- Preapproval by the Central Bank of Ireland as a director
- Demonstratable entrepreneurial track record, experience in building new businesses, departments, products or services;
- Prior people management and leadership experience.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Is fully aware of business trends/ changes in law that will impact their role and where appropriate, influencing policy change.
- Expected to introduce harmonized global processes.
- Able to demonstrate accountability for delivery for self and immediate team.
- Will make decisions that will be aligned to the goals of the organization.
- Fully understand, support and promote the Group IT and Operations strategy while successfully implementing this change locally;
- Able to successfully plan and deliver short, medium and long-term projects locally and globally.
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their specialist area, is knowledgeable on day to day activities and is sought by other for advice.
- Will understand the financial implications of decisions on the wider team or the functional level.
- Question and challenge the value being delivered through commercial arrangements (internal or external).
- Will consider internal and external market economics on both TMF Group and customer when undertaking day to day activities.
- Able to weigh up and prioritize the benefits of different actions and activities and how to achieve cost effective outcomes.
- Expected to design control, risk and governance frameworks for immediate business area.
- May suggest potential opportunities for growth of a discreet part of the organization (e.g. developing new product offering, etc.).
- May manage programs, ensuring they are within budget.
Leadership and Resource Management
- Will lead by example, communicating in a truthful, straightforward manner with integrity in line with the TMF Group culture.
- Able to a) develop a resource structure to deliver on local strategy and, b) build a high performing, collaborative team by identifying, developing, deploying and retaining top talent.
- Will articulate to staff the long-term vision of the immediate team and support them through any change.
- Supports the up-skilling of team through a) sharing of knowledge, best practice and coaching and, b) Ensuring that appropriate development plans are in place for colleagues across the wider team.
- Understands what motivates individuals to successfully drive individual and team performance.
- Stand by, promote or defend own and team’s actions and decisions where needed.
- Highly articulate and able to communicate complex ideas in a simple, easy-to-understand manner.
- Engages and builds credibility with influential individuals both internally and externally and will leverage relationships to gain input and/or buy-in for initiatives.
- Able to negotiate and influence individuals at all levels within TMF Group.
- Is able to tactfully deal with delicate situations should they arise in the wider team.
- Will challenge constructively and make difficult decisions.
- Creates mutually supportive and loyal relationships with all major clients.
- Understands and applies sector-wide standards.
- Able to manage significant budgets and measure client excellence.
- Anticipates and identifies opportunities to grow our business relationship with clients.
- Actively seeks and follows up on client feedback to ensure excellence in delivery.
Make an impact
- Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
- At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
- Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.