Senior Manager Finance Business Partner
About the Team
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
The team manages an annual P&L spend of $2.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~50% of the Banks senior leadership team.
See yourself in our team
You will be reporting into the Executive Manager, Finance for HR, Finance, Marketing & Corporate Affairs and Legal & Governance.
The purpose of the role is to partner with a key Group Support Unit providing finance support to both business customers and to internal finance teams.
This team is the prime finance contact for the assigned support unit (HR, Finance, Marketing and Legal). As a Senior Manager, you will own and drive the business partnership agenda, maximizing value for the customers by utilizing direct report and automated reporting to provide the relevant customer with the finance support they need to drive their business forward. Prioritization and influencing skills and a continuous improvement mindset are crucial to be successful in this role.
In addition to being the prime finance contacts the team will work with Group and BU Finance teams, to co-ordinate common deliverables across GSSF (month and year end deliverables).
Key duties will include:
- Drive a strategic transformational focus on the use of the resources available in both in the team and in other parts of Financial Services.
- Proactively work with the wider GSSF team, to embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identify and deliver on opportunities for business and process improvements e.g. standardized reporting.
- Conduct analysis and provide insights on common expense areas across Support Units e.g. IT costs and leverage technology for insights and automation
- Managing deliverables and stakeholders and ensuring the team always delivers quality information, on time.
- Review business cases to understand proposed investments and allocation of resources.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
Finance team leadership
- Help drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Effective leadership and collaboration across Finance and Business stakeholders to drive business outcomes and become a trusted advisor.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Leadership & Team management
- Excellent presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Successful experience in the execution of transformation strategies via project and change management disciplines, harvesting cost savings whilst improving capability & culture
- High degree of commercial acumen and strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, innovate and drive results
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/05/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.