Internal Audit Manager - Financial Crime - FS Advisory
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You'll be an Assistant Manager in the Financial Services Advisory (Internal Audit) team, where you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements, gaining experience in planning and delivering internal audit assignments and on regulatory advisory engagements. You'll play an important role in developing and maintaining deep client relationships. You'll have the opportunity to further develop specialist sub sector, technical and regulatory knowledge and will also have opportunities to work with and support the wider Financial Services Advisory team and its clients in London. You'll also;
- Creating, managing and delivering internal audit reviews and regulatory assurance reviews within the Financial Services sector and making value-add recommendations to senior management
- Supporting Senior Management to develop and deliver the annual internal audit plan
- Leading relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Representing BDO at client meetings and attending senior management committee meetings
- Involvement in key activities, which may include recruitment, budgeting, resource allocation, quality assurance etc
- When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of financial service internal audit reviews, and reporting to Audit Committees and/or regulatory assurance reviews
- Functional knowledge of the UK regulatory environment with deeper knowledge of some Financial Services sub sectors and the risks that they face
- Understanding of risk management and internal control
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
- Significant experience of internal audit or regulatory assurance experience
- Have undertaken a range of internal audit, second line assurance or advisory assignments relating to financial crime and be conversant with regulatory requirements, control risks, controls and industry practices in this area
- Recognised accountancy or internal audit professional qualifications and/or memberships i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA etc or relevant industry qualifications. Preferred but not essential.
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead, engage, and manage stakeholders
- Ability to lead complex reviews, be a team player
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
- That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.