Business Assurance & Compliance Auditor/Consultant (Permanent)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people come together to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job - just be prepared to dream big! Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues, at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you'll own part of our continued success, and be a key player across a number of functions. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones! The Business Assurance & Compliance team is part of Apple’s ‘second line of defence’ - providing objective assurance to the executive management team that Apple is meeting its regulatory, compliance, social and business responsibilities.
This important oversight role provides an outstanding opportunity to work with colleagues across a range of internal business partners. This role is much more than that of a traditional auditor. You'll be an integral part of the control environment, both regionally and globally, and really make a difference to how Apple operates. You'll act as an adviser to business partners on a broad range of issues and, coupled with the significant investigative aspects of the role, experience a level of variety on an ongoing basis.
Key qualifications Strong communication and interpersonal skills, be able to connect and collaborate with people, and convey sophisticated concepts at all levels.Ability to work both independently and as part of multi-functional teams, and on parallel activities at all levels throughout the CompanyA self starter with the ability to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environmentExhibit sound eye for business and flexibility to balance multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs changeExcellent analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills with a naturally enquiring approachAbility to challenge and debate issues of importance and provide thoughtful advice so that the best solution for Apple is identifiedApproach situations with energy, a passion for improvement and innovationRelevant SOX, internal controls and financial audit experience.
- Independently evaluate the reliability and integrity of the company's control environment - leading remediation efforts where necessary
- Identify process improvement opportunities across the business and work with the business teams to implement workable and scalable solutions
- Continuously assess the design of business and financial processes – both as a team member and a lead Help identify fraud trends across multiple areas of the business, root cause the issues and partner with relevant teams to manage process or system gaps
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop oversight tools and reports to be used by our team in supervising compliance to policies and regulatory requirements.
- Work with management to adapt them for day to day operational activity
- Complete in-depth investigations of business and process related concerns raised by internal and external parties to the Business
- Conduct Helpline, the Privacy Group, management and others Partner with relevant internal (eg. Legal, People and Compliance) and external (Regulatory bodies) teams as and when required
- Play a key role in the annual audit of Apple’s Tooling purchases, ensuring assets are received at manufacturing sites and are subsequently managed appropriately
- Develop close but independent working relationships with all partners
- Collaborate with management on policies and procedures; serving as a subject matter expert Support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, Payment Card Industry (PCI), and other relevant compliance programs.
- Respond to requests by executive management
Education & experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, management information systems or similar
- CPA/Chartered Accountant/CISA/CISSP/CIPP or equivalent
- Experience in an accounting/ consulting/ compliance environment and/or in conducting financial and operational audits
- Proficiency in English plus an other language e.g., French, Spanish, German, Swedish is a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.