Assistant Financial Controller
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join our team. The role will be based in the centre of Birmingham covering activities in Stoneleigh.
As Assistant Financial Controller you'll be supporting the Sublot Financial Controller to develop effective and efficient Financial Controls and Reporting in accordance with BBV procedures to aid timely informed decisions and prevent disallowed costs.What you'll be doing
- Provide business partnering to all sublot functions, forming relations to allow for effective information sharing and gathering
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial reports including profit & loss, balance sheets and cash forecasts. Including the identification of prepayments and accruals.
- Preform ad hoc analysis to inform decision making and ascertain root causes on problematic items/processes
- Work closely with the sublot commercial, cost control and project control teams to generate short term spend profiles with the Financial Controller
- Maintain and manage the sublot balance sheet ensuring aged balances are reviewed and necessary actions taken
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and Site Support team to monitor the sublots compliance with the prompt payment code. Provide insight and help to drive improvements in the processes
- Maintain Asset Register
- Help to improve the day-to-day financial function within the sublot
- Perform other duties for the Sublot Director or the Financial Controller as required and requested
- Be proactive in identifying weak signals and indicators of potential issues on the project
- Financial experience working within a complex accounting environment
- Technical knowledge of accounting routines
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Construction related accounting experience (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of Oracle (preferred but not essential)
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent is desired.
- Good attention to detail, a disciplined and organised approach to work and the ability to handle and work with complex data
- MS Office packages including Excel
- Able to work and thrive in a busy construction site led environment
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground-breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.