An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual for Tax Lead role. This position is responsible for tax compliance and reporting teams for various Shell businesses. If you are a deep tax professional and is keen to continuously upskill in areas of Tax reporting and tax compliance, then this is the opportunity for you.
Where You Fit In?
MDT (manage direct tax) Tax team serves an important part in the success of FO Tax Operations. It is a highly motivated team executing end to end accountability of all Direct Tax filing and Reporting and continuously adapting to changes both external as well as internal (rapidly changing technology and updating and leveraging various technology and tools) as well as building capabilities and leadership.
What is the Role?
The current role is primarily in the areas of tax compliance, accounting and reporting for assigned Shell businesses and the role has been designed for developing and maintaining good working relationships with various stakeholders (including Country Tax teams, Business Controllers and other FO processes).
The role is designed for as individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as detailed reviewer of tax computations of legal entities. It requires very good stakeholder management skills and thorough understanding of direct tax compliance and group reporting.
The accountabilities include the following:
Process and Systems
- Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions (Countries) and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process
- Carry out where relevant detailed reviews of tax computation of legal entities
- Proactively engage in strategizing the MDT process systems & data requirements and participate & lead in initiatives for systems and process changes;
- Understand group accounting and reporting changes and provide guidance to enable incorporation of such changes in the process as may be relevant;
- Proactively engage and deliver fit for purpose process documentation such as key tax assumptions, work instructions & training framework (including responsibilities to keep them up to date and robust);
- Provide steer in prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and planning resourcing on an ongoing basis
- Identify & implement CI project and provide aid in achieving the process efficiencies.
People and stakeholder management:
- Become a trusted and valued member of MDT and the various project teams;
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and collaboratively;
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution with the FO /business.
What We Need from You:
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with &>6 years broad professional experience.
- Good understanding on US GAAP, IFRS and tax accounting practices and controls in a tax environment
- Strong corporate tax knowledge with experiences in management of tax;
- Effective influencing and communication skills both written and oral (ability to explain complex tax concepts in layman language is critical);
- Efficient project management and tax prioritization skills;
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems and excellent MS Office skill.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.