Manager, Prop Fund Accounting - Limerick (Hybrid)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Manager in the Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds (“REIF”) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the industry leader of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate and Infrastructure market. This role will provide an opportunity for you to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manages a Real Estate & Infrastructure Funds (REIF) team within our Limerick REIF operation.
- Has responsibility for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to that team. Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the REIF business and its partners.
- Assist Head of REIF in all internal reporting and trackers relating to regulatory and filing deadlines.
- Ensure detailed Fund administration procedures for all activities and funds within the team are in place which are fit for purpose for outsourcing or transfer to any other partner within the team and for Internal Audit and Control purposes.
- Manages and assists where necessary with the day to day administration of REIF funds and ensures agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Manages the Net Asset Value (NAV), Financial Statements and Regulatory returns process to ensure they are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the REIF’s market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Work towards solutions to continually develop the fund accounting system and automate tasks to serve client and internal team’s needs.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Hold a recognized Professional Accounting Qualification with previous experience in industry / practice.
- Detailed knowledge of FRS 102 and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory/tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects; Yardi an advantage though not essential.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.