VAT Senior Manager - Part Time
We are looking to recruit an ambitious VAT Senior Manager to join our expanding VAT Team.
We are able to recruit this role on a Part Time basis and can scope the days/hours worked to suit the appointed candidate’s requirements.
Having recently welcomed a VAT Partner to the firm, we are now looking to recruit an accomplished Senior Manager to support our VAT Partner in the delivery and expansion of our firmwide VAT advisory service.
You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of Part Qualified and Qualified VAT accountants to provide a comprehensive VAT advisory service to a wide range of clients from large international businesses to charities and not for profit organisations.
This role can be based from either our Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth or West Midlands offices and will appeal to VAT Managers who are looking to make the step up to Senior Manager or established Senior Managers who are looking for a new challenge within a modern and forward thinking business.
You will be joining a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm that is ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accountancy Firms to work for and has a ranking of 4.3* out of 5* on Glassdoor. This role will give the appointed candidate a clear career path to progress to Director within an organisation that promotes hybrid and flexible working.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Advising UK and international clients on the VAT and other indirect tax implications of the new trading arrangements with the EU and other international trade issues
- Advising charity and other not for profit clients on VAT liability of income and VAT recovery including partial exemption methods
- Discussing the VAT implications of residential and commercial property developments with clients and contacts including solicitors and architects
- Advising affected clients on adapting to the new requirements of making tax digital.
- Communicating key VAT developments internally and externally by blogs and social media
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities and becoming actively involved in the various sector groups such as food and drink and charities.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Experience of working within VAT gained from either an accountancy practice or HMRC environment. Ideally you will be CTA qualified, but this isn’t essential
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of VAT clients across multiple sectors
- People Management Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Please contact Len Dean; VAT Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.