Operational Risk Control AVP #202456
Your field of responsibility
Join us as a QAR performer in the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Team. Our primary responsibility is to perform QARs over Account Reconciliation Controls and SOX Key Controls globally for all 4 regions of Credit Suisse. It involves reviewing (i.e. auditing):-
a) the account reconciliations performed and
b) documentation and testing of the SOX Key controls performed, against the standards laid by the firm.
This provides assurance to the Account Reconciliation and SOX programs of the firm and is an integral part of them. These reviews are conducted primarily in the area of Financial Accounting, Product Control, Tax, IWM, HR, GBSS etc.
As an AVP in QAR team, you will:
- Independently perform Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) for Account Ownership (i.e. Account Reconciliations) and SOX on key Controls/processes
- Organize and lead the meetings with the Account Owners and SOX Control owner to gain an understanding of key processes, discuss the QAR observations, obtaining agreement for QAR ratings and recommendations
- Perform detailed review to ensure adequate compliance to company policy and guidelines (GLAO/Account Reconciliation Policy, SOX 404 guidance, QAR Guidance, Accounting policies & guidance etc.)
- Maintain adequate documentation to support the QAR rating and recommendations
- Work with regional GLAO leads and SOX KAMs for sampling of Accounts/Controls for QAR
- Drive to conclude QAR’s on time, meeting the targets set for month and the year
- Review monthly KPIs (Regional and Global) to report the QAR results.
- Regular meeting with Regional and Global QAR team to share key issues and to follow consistent approach
- Act as single-point-of-contact for one of four regional QAR team for any query or information
- Support Global QAR initiatives on regular basis
- Understand the legal entity architecture. This includes having an understanding of the upstream processes/ controls to GF, processes and associated SOX Control Improvement Plans (CIPs)
Your future colleagues
Op Risk Control is the financial guardians of the bank’s policies and procedures for GLAO sign off and SOX self-attestation. You will join Group Finance Op Risk Control function, present in offices across EMEA, APAC, SWISS and the Americas. Our team consists of individuals from audit background who are result oriented, collaborative, proactive, and with a strong control approach. We are looking for individuals having strong analytical skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
Roles in QAR are technical and detail oriented. You are required to have good command on accounting concepts and SOX framework.
We are looking for candidates with following background / experiences
- Qualified CA with 7 + years of Post Qualification Experience is essential
- US GAAP and IFRS GAAP
- Investment banking industry knowledge, including Investment Banking financial product experience
- Public accounting & audit experience desirable
- Have a proven control focused attitude and hands-on approach to investigating issues
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentational) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multi-task in a complex environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Phenomenal team-player
- Problem solving skills
- Time management – organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines
Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.