We are recruiting for Accounts Seniors to join our teams in the Diss & Gorleston offices, reporting directly to the Directors and senior management team
The role will be to work with our clients and provide support predominantly with management accounts and year-end accounts. There will also be opportunity on other projects as and when they arise.
As a growing region Haines Watts are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We know that in addition to a competitive salary, our team members want benefits that are flexible enough to meet their needs and to change with them as their priorities change. We offer a wide range of benefits which include holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme along with a range of flexible benefits for you to choose. These include local gym membership, critical illness insurance and a fantastic range of cash back and discounts with selected retailers on our rewards website
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- You will be surrounded by other accountancy professionals, so that you can learn and be mentored by others.
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
The Accounts Senior duties will be:
- Produce an accounts working file,
- Clear arising queries with clients and produce a list of discussion points for the senior managers or partner.
- Work within a budget agreed at the planning stage.
- Produce draft tax computations and (for companies) a provision for inclusion in the accounts.
- Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the company checklist.
- Plan and control professional work for the firm's clients within the firm's standard procedures and identify basic planning opportunities.
- Working knowledge of computer based programs.
- Attend Haines Watts led training and seminars to further develop and maintain technical and personal development skills.
- Attend training to further develop and maintain technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
Your experience ideally will include:
- Previous experience as an Accounts Senior within an accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Iris and Xero preferred, but not essential.
- Skills in Microsoft Excel and Word are essential.
- Experience of using cloud based accountancy software
You will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Proactive thinking and application skills
- Self-management skills
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
- Either ACA or ACCA qualified, however part qualified could be considered
- Full study support package offered if part qualified.
- Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor who will support the Accounts Senior throughout to successfully complete their professional qualification.
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.