Tax Advisory Associate Partner
Tax Advisory Associate Partner
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
At the heart of our firm is our colleagues, which is why team engagement has become more important than ever before. We have achieved 1-Star recognition from Best Companies for this and we are also one of the Top 10 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness. As the face of the workplace has shifted since the pandemic, we have adapted and challenged what the working environment looks like for our teams, creating an environment fit for the future.
We're committed to improving diversity and inclusion, not just in terms of background but also in terms of diversity of thought and skills. We are curious about how we can help shape the future of accountancy and advisory for the next generation which is why we decided to become a National Sponsor of the Reach Next Generation Summit, aligning our values with action.
What is the role?
As a Tax Advisory Associate Partner working within our Esher office, you will work closely with the Tax Partners and support them with tax planning, advisory work and implementing tax projects. The role will also involve dealing with ad-hoc tax queries from General Practice partners and dealing with some tax compliance in specialist areas, as well as carrying out the following duties;
- Assisting in delivering a range of complex planning assignments
- Participating in developing bespoke solutions for particular client scenario's
- Assisting in managing client relationships
- Dealing with HMRC at various levels
- Assisting in winning new work by identifying opportunities, participating in presentations to clients and targets and following up on all marketing efforts
- Assisting with reviewing more complex tax returns for individuals and companies
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities for clients as well as reacting to requests for assistance from partners, members of staff and directly from clients
- Reviewing advice prepared by junior members of the Tax Advisory team and providing feedback
- Supervising, managing and delegating work to more junior members of staff
- Be concerned with winning new work and possess the ability to present complex ideas to existing and prospective clients in a confident manner
- Provide input into the strategy of the tax team and will include development of new ideas, identifying areas of opportunity and dealing with potential threats
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
As well as the above you will be ATT/CTA/ACA or ACCA with tax experience, have experience of working in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner-managed businesses, researching technical issues and preparing technical reports, and providing tax advisory services/ working on projects, as well as a broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes.
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
If you are an authentic, passionate Tax Advisory Associate Partner who values relationships and wants to secure a role within a unique top 20 accountancy firm who offer great career prospects; we want to hear from you - find out more about Haines Watts at https://www.hwca.com/
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.