Consultant, NAV Control (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Role / Department:
NAV Control's main service is the monitoring of the NAV plausibility for traditional and alternative funds to ensure that the NAVs are published correctly and in time. The team is striving for steady optimization of the implemented controls and processes to increase efficiency and effectivity and to minimize the emerging risk of incorrect valuation. Embedded in a professional and international environment and in collaboration with many stakeholders such as Portfolio Managers, Clients, Client Relationships Managers, Fund Management Companies, Product Management, Depositaries, Auditors and many internal Operations Teams we substantially contribute to a high quality service for our clients - also in complex situations and in a challenging market environment. Additionally the team is in charge of many interesting projects and special area tasks like NAV timeliness, NAV delay monitoring, performance- und impact analysis, hedged share classes, the creation of sophisticated reports, performance fee, the NAV plausibility manual and the implementation of a new NAV monitoring system.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- NAV plausibility control for traditional and alternative funds before publication of the NAVs to ensure compliance with valuation guidelines and to detect valuation errors
- Implementation, maintenance and optimization of NAV plausibility control in the monitoring system and implementation of new functions and reports
- Responding to queries and requests, conducting performance and other analysis and as well creation of reports for various stakeholders such as Clients, CRMs, Product Management, Fund Management Companies, Portfolio Managers or Auditors
- Migration of plausibility control from the current monitoring system MIG21 to the new application FundWare
Skills / Qualification:
- Higher education in economics (University or Fachhochschule) or proven professional experience in a relevant area
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Committed, exact und efficient working method – individually and within the team
- Client- und solution-oriented mindset
- Pleasent, agile, reliable, open-minded and communicative personality
- Good IT user skills (in particular MS Office) and ability to adapt to a new IT environment
- Good knowledge of financial markets, asset management, derivatives and accounting is an advantage
- Fluent in German and English
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.