You will be working directly with leading private equity firms in the alternative asset industry under the guidance and direction of our experienced team of industry veterans. You will be facilitating our service offering by assisting, performing, and reviewing the following:
- Support IQEQ client leads on multiple Private Equity funds within various industries
- Work closely with manager, team and support functions to manage client expectations and ensure adherence to timelines on client deliverables in accordance to the requirements defined by the limited partnership agreement
- Maintain a working understanding of limited partnership agreements and apply terms to financial reporting and income and expense allocations.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, management fee calculations, investor allocations, capital account statements, capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, investor notices, carried interest calculations and maintenance of waterfall models
- Coordinate the delivery of capital call and distributions notices to clients and the investors
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Manage year-end process and handle requests from external auditors and tax teams
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions for process development
- Handle daily/routine client information requests and fulfill ad-hoc requests as needed
- Manage and prioritize work tasks to meet competing deadlines
- Values excellent service and strives to go above and beyond in their client and staff interactions
- Exudes a spirit of entrepreneurship, seeking to solve problems and improve processes
- Seeks to continually learn and expand their industry and technical knowledge
- Communicates professionally and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Brings a positive attitude and excitement for the work they are doing
- A CPA / CA qualification with a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Superior technical skills with advanced knowledge of MS office suite of products
- Knowledge of industry standard accounting systems would be an asset
- Knowledge of alternative investment vehicles and Bermuda regulatory standards/ compliance would be helpful
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
At IQ-EQ, we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
IQ-EQ (Bermuda) Limited is part of the IQ EQ group, a leading Fund Administrator which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
We are seeking a Fund Accountant and this position will involve hands-on client work for a portfolio of clients. In common with many of the private equity roles in our organization, a high degree of client interaction is expected and the position requires a blend of analytical problem solving skills and first flight client and team participation skills. The ideal applicants should be conversant with understanding limited partnership agreements and deal documentation. A thorough understanding of the capital call process including equalization procedures, the distribution cycle including the working mechanics of the waterfall calculation, and the investment valuation process are a must. Our client base is growing, and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.