Head of Investor AML, Transfer Agency - Hybrid (Dublin or Limerick)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The role and expected experience:
- The Transfer Agency & Investor AML department provides fund administration services to fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and anti-money laundering services.
- Reporting to the Head of TA Operations and Investor AML, you will lead the AML team that supports the onboarding and on-going monitoring of investors into our Ireland, UK and Luxembourg clients’ Funds. You will provide leadership and expertise to the team, driving strong operational and client service standards.
- Leveraging your comprehensive experience of AML Operations within the Funds industry, you will collaborate with colleagues across Operations, Compliance and Technology to ensure the AML team provides a service that is industry leading in terms of client and investor experience, regulatory compliance, and efficiency.
- You will foster strong relationships with our clients and their MLROs on all matters relating to investor AML, collaborating on initiatives and providing guidance on regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- You will bring your ideas and experience to discussions with the TA Senior Management team as we work together to continually improve the TA service to clients and investors, the expertise and skills of our team, and the efficiency and control of our operating model.
- You will maintain your expertise through engagement with the Northern Trust International Fund Administration Service Ireland Ltd (‘NTIFASIL’) MLRO, engagement with client MLROs, participation in industry forums and study of industry papers on AML.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
The overarching responsibility is to support Client needs in meeting their AML obligations in onboarding and on-going AML monitoring of their investors, and to ensure NTIFASIL meets its regulatory obligations in doing so. Specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership in the ongoing establishment of the EMEA Centre of Excellence for AML, working with senior TA and Fund Services Management in Ireland, UK, Luxembourg, Guernsey and India to ensure Client and regulatory requirements are being met. Collaborate in building out and adapting the AML team as the business grows.
- Drive the ongoing evolution of the EMEA AML model, understanding location specific differences and working with colleagues in these locations to streamline and standardise where possible.
- Represent NTIFASIL at Client meetings related to AML service model, regulatory changes or new business, and work with Clients to ensure the model supports their business growth, regulatory and oversight obligations.
- Take the lead for TA in ensuring NTIFASIL remains abreast of regulatory developments and corporate policy on AML, working with the NTIFASIL MLRO to determine the NTIFASIL approach to such change.
- Work closely with Client Service Managers and Relationship Managers to foster strong relationships with clients, building confidence in the NTIFASIL AML service offering and gaining insight to their new business pipeline.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of 40 AML professionals, with the support of your management team, to ensure they have the necessary skills, tools and training to provide an industry leading service to our clients.
- Support your teams’ development in line with their skills and career aspirations, fostering an engaging, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Ensure a strong governance and control framework is in place, with clear policies, procedures and approvals for all activities.
- Drive a culture of risk awareness and compliance, with prompt escalation of actual or potential issues and a collaborative approach to resolution.
- Ensure all AML related account opening and ongoing monitoring activities are executed accurately, timely and in a compliant and auditable manner. Adherence to regulatory and SLA requirements is fundamental.
- Work with senior Management in the Registration team responsible for investor account opening and maintenance to ensure the investor experience is seamless as it touches both teams. Drive initiatives to streamline this model.
- May be appointed as subject matter expert or stakeholder on relevant projects, including EMEA wide initiatives such as Matrix.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Several years’ experience in Transfer Agency, understanding co-dependencies between AML, Registration, Finance and Dealing disciplines, with expert level knowledge of control interfaces and risk factors.
- Expert knowledge of AML regulations and operating model requirements
- Highly developed client service skills with a number of years’ experience working with senior contacts at client firms.
- Experience working with senior AML contacts at client firms, providing and gaining insight on industry trends and regulations.
- Highly polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of operations control and the use of management tools to facilitate this, including management information dashboards and incident root cause analysis and remediation.
- Experience of AML regimes in other jurisdictions, e.g. Luxembourg, Guernsey or Cayman.
- Confident communication skills, experienced engaging with senior colleagues in Compliance, Technology, Depository and TA operations to explore issues or requests and to determine solutions or way forward.
- An understanding of governance and oversight framework as they relate to work outsourced to NTIFASIL by clients.
- A collaborative, can-do approach to work, at ease operating independently or as part of a broader team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.