Accounts & Audit Senior
- Review /finalise statutory accounts for submission to Companies’ House and HMRC Communication with clients as necessary Update client files, checklists, records and procedures Financial analyses, planning and financial modelling
The Audit Senior will work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The audit senior will support the manager to manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure the quality of our audits are of a high quality.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement. Identify risk matters and discuss the impact of these with the audit manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters. Produce work for the manager/partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to these issues identified. Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers. Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit. Take primary responsibility for monitoring the progress of the audit against pre-approved budgets. Supervise, coach and develop junior members of our audit team. The majority of our audit work is completed in-house with some off-site visits to client’s premises.
Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering
Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
SORP charity experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- 3+ years PQE Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
Educated up to degree level or CTS
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills Excellent telephone skills Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities A team player, but able to act autonomously with minimal guidance Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail SME client experience Strong client service focused Strong analytical, project management skills Good Excel and modelling skills
Friendly outgoing person who is keen to learn and take on more responsibility as the practice grows