Audit Risk Management – Independence
The Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards (RCPS) department in Grant Thornton Ireland provides internal firm support services to all offices in Ireland in many specialist areas as follows:
- Client acceptance and continuance;
- Legal and data protection;
- Audit methodology and accounting technical support;
- Quality and risk management; and
- Insolvency compliance;
The RCPS team provide strategic, innovative, creative and most importantly quality services and solutions to enable our people every day to give the best external client service. The RCPS team promotes and monitors compliance with applicable auditing and accounting standards, external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage Grant Thornton’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk.
Due to continued growth, the Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards (RCPS) team is now recruiting for an ethics and independence team member. The team member will play a critical role in ensuring that Grant Thornton Ireland maintains independence and complies with international and local regulations on ethics and independence. The ethics and independence role will support the ethics partner and wider ethics and independence team.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- management of various independence systems;
- provision of ethics and independence support to staff and partners where queries arise;
- handling complex ethics and independence consultations;
- developing and updating communications and guidance on ethics and independence matters;
- assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of ethics and independence training;
- managing the confirmation of independence process for new joiners and existing staff; and
- work on one-off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and attributes include:
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified preferable
- knowledge of global independence standards i.e. SEC, PCAOB, AICPA, FRC, IAASA and IESBA
- preferably an audit/assurance background with knowledge of quality and risk management within audit firms in particular conflict resolution and independence experience
- excellent project management skills
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills; and
- excellent team player
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.