Consulting - Director – Accounting Advisory and Structuring Services (UAE)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab
Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges
and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Operating Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory Consulting team currently has exciting opportunities within its Accounting Advisory offering. Our team advises clients on a wide range of transactions, identifying issues and providing accounting options and solutions that meet our client’s objectives.We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated accountant with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects, a strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding deal environment.
- As a Director, you will be required to be part of the product leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue growing the business.
- You will also take ownership for development of the Accounting Advisory and Structuring offering in the Middle East market and in setting budget goals and driving to meet budgeted performance.
- Alongside key business development activities and shall start both lead pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- You will be required to have experience and expertise in designing transaction structures and solutions for complex transactions including IPO, M&A, group reorganisations and financial instrument design. As part of this you should have experience in identifying and assessing potential transaction structure options and then supporting clients with detailed implementation steps.
- With the appropriate guidance, you will be required to develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the Accounting Advisory and Structuring offering and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market. Similarly, you will be required to coach and develop the more junior members in the team;
- The role also requires the candidate to have a strong knowledge of IFRS and being able to both review and prepare technical papers for discussion with global industry experts and apply his critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be primarily based in our UAE (Dubai or Abu Dhabi) office, serving our local clients, but also working with colleagues across the Middle Region.
- You are also anticipated to have a large amount of interaction with the other PwC lines of services (such as tax, legal, deals, etc.) which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise. The ideal candidate should have a strong problem solving mindset in addition to being robust in accounting technical matters.
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with clients and colleagues. You will be expected to have significant interactions with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors typically involved in high profile regional transactions.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the Accounting Advisory team. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be part of the product leadership team and will be provided with the opportunity to contribute in our medium to long term strategy.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Have a business development mindset – with a focus on winning work and building the pipeline for the Accounting Advisory and Structuring product in the Middle East market.
- They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate junior team members;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Years of Experience: 12+ years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting advisory experience is beneficial. Similarly, any experience in the GCC would be beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines – including managing multiple projects and opportunities;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Travel RequirementsUp to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.