Middle Office, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
A high energy team member facilitating Transitional events for the leading Asset Management companies. Transitional activity includes:
- Help manage new business/client take-on for the IMS client base, incorporating fund launches, in-specie, changes of custody, mergers and closures
- Undertake full analysis of client request to ensure event is implemented in line with expectations and within designated timeframes
- Liaise with all areas of State Street to help implement clients request. Working closely with other IMS teams and also Custody/Fund accounting groups
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards and business objectives. Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Middle office function (F2B - ALPHA). Alpha team is also known as Front to Back office strategy asset management. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate you will:
- Co-ordination of new account openings, closures and transfers of stock and cash for IMS.
- Identify, evaluate and track progress of project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately when unsure
- Collaboration with client and other State Street teams using communication and the appropriate level of literacy skills required to help deliver transitional changes on time.
- Help run weekly pipeline calls with the client to keep track of in-flight activity providing feedback and expert analysis
What we value:
- PC literate – Strong on Excel and other MS office products. SQL knowledge would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyse on the spot.
- Good time management & leadership qualities
- Strong communication and client service skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities, and areas of expertise.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Educated to A level standard. A-C
- Graduate or Master degree prefer
- Confident, out-going personality with ability to make decisions and liaise with other professionals
- Team player. Must be willing to learn and assist colleagues in their day-to-day responsivities sometimes working against tight deadlines.