Financial Services Advisory: Insurance Accountant Qualified
Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is currently seeking driven and self-motivated professionals with experience in working in the insurance industry. These roles present a great opportunity for driven individuals to work with experts in the area and develop their own knowledge and skills in the area and grow with the practice.
In order to meet growing market needs across all sectors of financial services, we have open positions at Assistant Manager and Manager for qualified accountants to join our Financial Services Advisory Team. The team will be primarily based from our headquarters on City Quay in Dublin City Centre, but working from our Regional offices or remotely will also be possible.
The successful candidates will work as part of a dedicated Financial Services Advisory team that provide solutions to regulated entities and financial services clients to help them meet challenges and address business needs. Projects include Month-end Support, Finance Transformation, Financial Reporting, Process Improvement Projects, Financial Accounting projects and Resource support within the insurance and broader financial services sector.
There will also be opportunities to work as part of the wider advisory team that provides internal audit, risk management, regulatory, controls assurance advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement.
These new roles will suit ambitious motivated individuals who are willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team and who thrive in a varied role working across different clients.
Responsibilities typically may include:
- Month and year-end close preparation and accounting as well as liaison with auditors
- Preparation and review of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements for Insurance clients
- Assisting clients with regulatory submissions, returns and financial statements;
- Prepare and complete the quarterly Solvency II reporting;
- Support the implementation of IFRS 17 project
- Assisting with ad hoc financial analysis and queries;
- Supporting finance transformation initiatives and finance function review projects
- Development and/or review of process documentation, redesign and implementation;
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong relationships with client representatives;
- Growing your knowledge as changes in legislation and guidance are drafted and published;
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments; and
- Ensuring quality and timely service is delivered to clients.
- Liaising with auditors, internal operational teams and client financial reporting teams
- Support and delivery on other financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, internal audit, business process transformation and project management
The following experience is highly desired:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 4-7 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in professional services or insurance industry;
- Preparation and review of annual and semi-annual financial statements under US GAAP / IFRS / Lux GAAP or experience in audit review of financial statements
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and/or regulatory returns (e.g. Solvency II, Central Bank of Ireland NSTs etc.);
- Awareness of current topics and challenges facing the Insurance industry;
- Understanding of financial services risks, financial governance, processes and organisations;
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively;
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude;
- Ensuring quality and timely service is delivered to clients;
- An ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job; and
- Strong organisational, verbal communication and time management skills.
This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden their skillsets by gaining experience in other areas across Financial Services. The role also offers opportunities to work in other jursdictions.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.