Analyst, Treasury Modelling & Design
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Are you passionate about digital transformation in Treasury?
Join Standard Chartered' s Treasury Modelling and Platforms team in Warsaw to spearhead the digitization of Treasury globally. Power through challenging projects. Gain a 360° learning experience. Develop communication and collaboration skills in an international workplace. Learn how to monetize on technology investments. Work alongside best in class Haskell programming team on cutting edge solutions dedicated to balance sheet optimization, stress testing and forecasting.
Due to the innovative nature of your work you will be eligible for Intellectual Property tax benefits. We offer flexi working - 2 days in office, 3 days from home and option cater for special arrangements if required.
Treasury Modelling and Platforms journey started 10 years ago in Singapore and Hong Kong, we then rapidly expanded to the Western hemisphere with successful build-up of the Warsaw Hub. Warsaw has recently become our new headquarters housing 90% of the team including management roles relocated from Singapore. Our team is truly diversified, English speaking and closely collaborates with teams globally.
The candidate will provide support across number of key initiatives including:
Maintenance of existing solution developed by wider Treasury Modelling Hub members. Building and enhancing customised automated tools in Excel, VBA or Python for Treasury users across the world. Those activities will allow candidates to improve their knowledge and understanding of banking environment (especially Treasury area), liquidity risk management in a global bank as well as significantly improve their technical skills in programming languages (Python/VBA) and usages of modern technologies within a bank. This is an entry role so minimal / no prior experience is required.
- Takes care of BAU and maintenance support for business of productionised tools and solutions.
- Runs regular forecasting and back-testing analysis for senior stakeholders in Treasury.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and explanations to the business clients.
- Develops tool and prototypes in Excel/Python to communicate platform enhancements requirements to Technology partners.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar, fresh graduates / final year students with relevant major and outstanding academic record will be also considered.
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- Basic knowledge of banking products and core banking systems.
- Knowledge of Excel VBA / Python will be an advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in Liquidity Risk Management, Interest Rate Risk Management, ALM or Treasury area will be an advantage.
- Work experience in the design and development of automated reports / processes would be an advantage.